Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Kongekabale (King's Game) Winner Danish Critics Award

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 03-02-05, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The winner of this Sunday's Danish Critics prizes (Bodil) THE KING'S GAME (Kongekabale) is now availablle on DVD in Denmark. The film also won the Copenhagen Audience Award.

Photo courtesy of Laserdisken.

Official film site-
http://www.kongekabale.dk/

DVDBeaver's review (by Scandinavian reviewer Henrik Syllow)
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDRev...kings_game.htm

Regards,
Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 03-02-05 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-14-05, 01:43 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm a little miffed, this is getting shown tonight and Sunday at this year's DC Filmfest and well... due to limited time and money, it looks like I've got to wait for the DVD (which has been released - with English subs). Anyone seen the Danish DVD and/or the film itself, thoughts?
Old 04-14-05, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw it last month at a film festival. It's like a Danish "All the President's Men" - good suspenser, but a little too long I thought.
Old 04-14-05, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Giles
I'm a little miffed, this is getting shown tonight and Sunday at this year's DC Filmfest and well... due to limited time and money, it looks like I've got to wait for the DVD (which has been released - with English subs). Anyone seen the Danish DVD and/or the film itself, thoughts?

I picked up the DVD last month. It is very well-made and English friendly all-around. The film is one of the better Danish productions (not the best...Reconstruction is the winner here) to come out lately. Very much dialog-driven and as mentioned already in the tradition of All the President's Men. It reminded me a bit about the Contender...yet a much more serious film. That being said...I did have one problem with it...I have been seeing/ordering quite a few Scandinavian films lately and it seems to me that there is a very limited circle of high-priority actors, esp. in Denmark that get involved with pretty much any serious prodcution. With other words...way too many familiar faces

Regards,
Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 04-14-05 at 11:56 PM.
Old 04-15-05, 01:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I couldnīt agree with you more, pro-bassoonist.

I have grown tired of Danish films because itīs the same faces we see time and time again.

Academy Award winner Anders Thomas Jensenīs new flick "Adams æbler" (Adamīs Ables) - despite it has received rave reviewes - use the same circle of actors... yet again.

I really do request that Danish directorīs has the gut to try some lessor known/used actors. I guess the reason why we see the same bankable actors again and again is to sell as many tickets as possible.

Imagine if we saw Tom Cruise in every other movie in the States. How borring.

Last edited by Dane; 04-15-05 at 02:19 AM.
Old 04-18-05, 09:28 AM

Yeah, its being shown at the Filmfest DC this year (which always has a great line-up of films that normally aren't shown at other fests), but due to how busy I was this past weekend, I was unable to attend (and I was forced to missed Automne, which just looked stunning).

I suppose I'll be importing.
Old 09-13-05, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

update:

a UK release has been set for December 5th.

Ciao,
Pro-B
Old 09-13-05, 04:32 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
hey Pro-B can I borrow your copy of this DVD - Nicheflix still hasn't acquired this for rental
Old 09-13-05, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Giles
hey Pro-B can I borrow your copy of this DVD - Nicheflix still hasn't acquired this for rental
mmm...you will have to come to Chi-town and visit me. I am sure Mark will sooner or later get it though.

Ciao,
Pro-B
Old 09-14-05, 01:13 PM

Speak of the devil. Hoped to have it sooner but got it later.

Kongekabale (King's Game)

Inkasso, Manden Bag Doren, Den Gode Stromer and Lad De Sma Born should be up there soon too.