Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

HAREM SUARE (Turkish dvd)....?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-05, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that there are two members from Turkey on this forum so I would like to ask a quick question as I have been getting some mixed information.

HAREM is the only Marie Gillain film that I still do not own (R1 version turned out to be extremely poor) and I would like to know whether or not the Turkish disc spots a 16/9 transfer? I would prefer to pick up the Turkish disc (due to the fact that it offers English subs) but if no one could answer my question I would opt for the French or German discs.

Link to TULUMBA's Turkish version.....
http://www.tulumba.com/icy_itemdesc....=VI343686MM549

French disc:

Regards,
Pro-B

ps
I am sorry I dont remember the name of the person from Turkey (from Ankara?) that used to post here.

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 01-24-05 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-24-05, 01:31 PM
NMA

I'm from Turkey (Ankara) and I own the newly released DVD of "Harem Suare". I didn't have any chance to view the other releases of this movie on DVD so I decided to grab a few screencaptures for your reference.

The presentation is fair and English, French and Turkish subtitles are included along with 2.0 and 5.1 sound options. Theatrical Trailer, Behind-The-Scenes Clip and other trailers are presented as extra material.

The widescreen presentation is anamorphic (according to me :-) because if it weren't anamorphic, then PowerDVD would display it as letterboxed with black bars, am I wrong?)

Well, here are the captures...

Old 01-24-05, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

O....MNA...Thank you so much for the info and screen grabs. You mention in your post that there is a newly-remastered DVD, could you let me know if the one linked above is the remastered version you are talking about (the TULUMBA link) as I was unaware that there were 2 versions.

One last request....is the picture quality only "fair"? Could you elaborate a bit more on it?

THANK YOU again for your comments,

Regards,
Pro-B
Old 01-24-05, 02:59 PM
NMA

I did not say "newly-remastered". I said "newly released" :-)

Yes, the link you provided is the one I am talking about. It was just released (a month ago)

The picture is a bit grainy (as you see) but still it looks fair.
Old 01-24-05, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Excellent, thank you for all the assistance.

Regards,
Pro-B