DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   International DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk-12/)
-   -   do you guys open your international boxset dvds? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk/404005-do-you-guys-open-your-international-boxset-dvds.html)

royalwithcheese 01-07-05 08:25 AM

do you guys open your international boxset dvds?

they're so collectible, just wondering if you open them once you buy em...i had like, 10 sealed sitting in my closet but i cracked and started opening them.

movieking 01-07-05 08:44 AM

I open mine. Just started watching Infernal Affairs Trilogy, watched my Hero Limited Box Set, Kill Bill Vol 1 and Vol 2 Box Sets, and have yet to watch Fighter in the Wind LE or Troy Phillipines.

Unless you are buying them for an investment, there is no reason not to open them. Even if you do watch them, if they are that limited, the price won't decrease too much.

Njål 01-07-05 08:53 AM

I open mine, too.
I buy films to watch, and not as an investment. Including my L.E. boxsets.

dmpre99 01-07-05 09:09 AM

I open mine. There is no point of buying the LE if your not going to watch them unless of course they are for an investment

reggio@pacific. 01-07-05 09:12 AM

same here.. i always open my dvds for my enjoyment.. but it would take me months before i open them..

need to satisfy myself and look at the sealed copy first.. then after which.. i open and watch the dvds..

i usually buy two or more copies though (if the price is affordable).. for future use...

matome 01-07-05 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Njål
I open mine, too.
I buy films to watch, and not as an investment. Including my L.E. boxsets.

:up:

tmy727 01-07-05 10:09 AM

+60% of my DVDs are still sealed... primarily because I don't have time to watch them. When I know I have time to sit and fully enjoy the movie, that's when I crack 'em open :) No point on opening them just to collect dust.

zwuncki 01-07-05 10:31 AM

I open each of my dvds when they arrive. there are very few exceptions (like when i buy a gift set of a movie i already own, i collect sets so that sometimes happens, then i don't open the dvds themself. so i don't own any sealed set but very few sealed dvds)

nemein 01-07-05 10:38 AM

I always open a DVD as soon as I get it to see if there's anything wrong w/ it. There's no point in having something sit wrapped on the shelf and months later find out there is a crack or the disk is scratched or something and then there's nothing you can do about it because you waited so long.

juicerocket 01-07-05 10:53 AM

I always open them and pretty much watch them right away. Unless you're buying 2, in order to watch one and re-sell the other, I don't see much of a purpose of buying 1 and having it sit around gathering dust.

-JR

Pelayu 01-07-05 01:35 PM

dvds? investment? in what? It is not wine and not even Scottish whisky. I just can't understand that, guys.
And yes, I open every single DVD I buy in order to watch it that is what it's for.

DrGerbil 01-07-05 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pelayu
dvds? investment? in what? It is not wine and not even Scottish whisky. I just can't understand that, guys.
And yes, I open every single DVD I buy in order to watch it that is what it's for.

:thumbsup: I couldn't wait to use the mentholatum rub included in my STGP LE... minty cool relief! :drool:

DVDiano 01-07-05 06:45 PM

I open them the moment I get my hands on the box. I found pointless to buy such expensive or limited sets if you are not going to enjoy them :drool:.

Daniel Windsor 01-08-05 02:33 PM

do you guys open your international boxset dvds?

I see in lots of films from America in the background lamps (and even sofas!) that STILL have the plastic wrapping on them.

You guys are crazy :D

But I love you :D

Trigger 01-08-05 02:47 PM

I open everything pretty much - unless I accidently bought a duplicate.

royalwithcheese 01-08-05 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by DrGerbil
:thumbsup: I couldn't wait to use the mentholatum rub included in my STGP LE... minty cool relief! :drool:

what's STGP?

anyway, i have opened a few of mine, will eventually open em all when i get around to it, but even the ones i opened, i did it carefully, leaving the shrinkwrap still on, simply using a razor to cut slits in the plastic to be able to lift the necessary whatevers in order to get the dvds out. :)

edit* : count the comma splices :p

Njål 01-09-05 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by royalwithcheese
what's STGP?

The Korean movie 'Save the Green Planet', the initial Korean L.E. came with the mentholatum thing, a cloth, and the OST.
Great film.