Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Michel Valliant with English Subtitles

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 10-20-04, 05:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.thedvdetective.com offers a chinese verison of this movie with Englsih subtitles. I couldn't find it anywhere else, can anyone post a link to more online stores that have this title in stock. Thanks.
Old 10-20-04, 12:26 PM

I've no idea as to where online might sell that version, but just to mention - and you probably already know this - but the original cinema version of this movie was in a mixture of French & English. Admittedly there's more French than English, but even for a non-French speaker the story shouldn't give many problems as the story is very simple.

I bought the 3-disc Benelux edition the other day. It cost me 22 in-store, which I thought was much better value than the French editions. You can see the specs here: http://www.dvdzone2.com/dvd/detail.asp?id=132504

The good thing is that it has a DTS option for the original version (but no such option on the French-only version). If the French subtitles for the English parts of the film bother you they can be removed via the remote control.

Hope this helps,

Dazza.
Old 10-20-04, 06:30 PM

... the story shouldn't give many problems as the story is very simple.
That sums it up very good. And no wonder as Luc Besson, the writer, is behind this. I feared the worst when I saw this at a press screening and I couldn't find much interesting in this. Actually it was boring as hell and one of the worst films I've seen this year. Nothing convincing in there. Death, revenge, kidnapping, blackmail ... you name it.
Alright you can give them credit for the car-action-scenes but that's all. But Besson never gets tired and tortures us with more screenplays in the future ... as I see he tries to direct again but having confidence in his abilities is too much to ask.
Old 10-20-04, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

The above post very much sums up my feelings. This movie has too much of the mainstream Hollywood non-sense we are fed with on a daily basis. Since Besson's involvement with Joan of Arc I think it is fair to say that I have not been excited too much with his work.

Pro-B