Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Three Extremes : Anthology DVD. Oct 20th.

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 10-16-04, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.twitchfilm.com/archives/2....html#comments

ive posted all the details and a link to HK listing to buy the disc : this is the anthology version with the short "dumplings" and miikes "box" and parks "cut"...
Old 10-19-04, 12:38 PM

release delayed by one week. now 26 / 27th depending on which listing you believe.
Old 10-19-04, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ahh I want this. I got a hi-res rip of Dumplings, which is pretty good, but I yearn for the Park one. Love him. The Miike will be nice as well.
Old 10-19-04, 02:19 PM

the cost of a blank dvd cant have been far of the price of the original disc...
Old 10-19-04, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

logboy, I actually hadn't even heard about it until a buddy gave me a copy of it, and this is one of those cases where I never would have known about it (or be buying the disc) if it weren't for the sharing of information. In any case, thanks for the DDDHouse link, I'll put this in with the order of Celestial Shaw I was about to place...
Old 10-20-04, 02:24 AM

another detailed synopsis and Images to link here too.

http://www.dvdasian.com/cgi-bin/dvdasian/18166.html
Old 10-20-04, 02:45 AM

Originally posted by drjay
logboy, I actually hadn't even heard about it until a buddy gave me a copy of it, and this is one of those cases where I never would have known about it (or be buying the disc) if it weren't for the sharing of information. In any case, thanks for the DDDHouse link, I'll put this in with the order of Celestial Shaw I was about to place...
cool
Old 10-26-04, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not sure if everyone knows, but there is also an HK release of Three Extremes... Dumplings, which is an extended, full length version of Fruit Chan's segment in the anthology.

http://www.dddhouse.com/dddhouse/en/...productID=3996
Old 10-26-04, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

logboy:

I tried emailing you again but my email bounced back....could you contact me directly....

Thank you,
Pro-B
Old 10-27-04, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I placed an order for this from YesAsia and got emailed an estimated ship date of October 29.
Old 10-27-04, 01:30 PM

i dont recommend preorders at yesasia.com at all. ive heard similar problems witht he preorders for casshern : they got emailed with "trying to find supplier" and some have "shipped" so you have to cross your fingers (which isnt acceptable).

personally, my buying policy is always buy from the country of issue. so i use dddhouse.com (or you can try layoyo.com) and cd-wow.com all of which are HK based...
mine shipped a couple of days ago and cost me 7.70 including postage to the UK - as cheap if not cheaper than anywhere else.

use yesasia.com for stuff you dont want to hand around for or theres no need to hang around for. add in the free shipping (which takes an age - 2 weeks no less) and thats fine if your in no hurry and want to save cash.
Old 10-27-04, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Boy, between this and eThaiCD I'm two for two...
Old 10-27-04, 02:30 PM

Originally posted by ehonauer
Boy, between this and eThaiCD I'm two for two...
I would stick with yesasia.com on this one. I've never had a problem with them on preorders.
Old 10-27-04, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My thinking on this was:

DDDHouse, from experience = 2 weeks for delivery

layoyo - I've heard the airmail option is sketchy, and the Courier option is prohibitively expensive unless you buy multiple discs.

Didn't even think of CD-wow. So I went with YesAsia.

In all fairness, the release date for Three was pushed back for everybody, including DDDHouse. I'm hoping that the lag is due to transit from HK to Yesasia's US warehouse. I didn't go for free shipping, so once it ships it should get to me pretty quickly.
Old 10-27-04, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mine's been shipped last night from YesAsia.com
Old 10-28-04, 03:35 AM

Originally posted by ehonauer
My thinking on this was:

DDDHouse, from experience = 2 weeks for delivery

layoyo - I've heard the airmail option is sketchy, and the Courier option is prohibitively expensive unless you buy multiple discs.

Didn't even think of CD-wow. So I went with YesAsia.

In all fairness, the release date for Three was pushed back for everybody, including DDDHouse. I'm hoping that the lag is due to transit from HK to Yesasia's US warehouse. I didn't go for free shipping, so once it ships it should get to me pretty quickly.
the lag of transit to yesasias HK warehouse would beminimal. what might happen is a shortage of stock for them, or staggered delivery to them at their various warehouses.

personall being in the UK dddhouse airmail is always under one week, same with layoyo when i have used them. never use courier cos its pointless unless you run a shop and import 100s at a time.

doesnt matter that the release date was pushed back : mine shipped from dddhouse on the 26th (the new release date) and should be here tomorrow or saturday.
Old 10-28-04, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by logboy
doesnt matter that the release date was pushed back : mine shipped from dddhouse on the 26th (the new release date)
As did paratize's from yesasia... seems like you have an axe to grind with yesasia...
Old 10-28-04, 12:44 PM

i'm beginning to be tempted to grind the communities axe with yesasia... they seem very unpredictable which isnt too great for people who like relatively obscure movies, we've usually waited longer than we wanted too anyhow...!
Old 10-29-04, 11:11 AM

recieved mine this morning. due to the separate an solid nature of each of the sections (plus that "dumplings" has been reviewed everywhere in one form or another already) i am putting separate reviews for "box" (done, up now) and "cut" (tomorrow hopefully) at www.twitchfilm.com : "box" is the first section, by takashi miike. "Cut" is chan wook parks section...
Old 10-29-04, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
For what it is worth, I have never had any problems ordering from YesAsia and have always been surprised at how quick I always receive my order.
Old 10-30-04, 03:07 AM

its pot luck!
Old 10-30-04, 03:47 AM

like the piece i wrote on miikes "box" yesterday, ive put up a separate one about "cut" from chan wook park over at www.twitchfilm.com ... i dont hold with reviews much myself, and i try to not to include spoilers, but i think my overview and discussion of the film could help those still undecided about this trilogy. hint : its superb.
Old 11-01-04, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Got mine from YesAsia today, shipped Friday and received Monday, so no complaints here.

Nice package for a HK disc, can't wait to check it out. This is a Miike / Chan-Wook fan's wet dream...

NEW FLASH: I put the disc in my R1 player and it played no problem. Looks like this is an R0 disc....

Last edited by ehonauer; 11-01-04 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-03-04, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So logboy, when reading your review, I take it that the 2-disc of Three Extremes has the full anthology on the first disc and the extended version of Dumplings on the second? So there wouldn't be any reason to buy the separate Dumplings disc?
Old 11-03-04, 12:20 PM

not so : the first is the film, the second is the extras. dumplings on available separately.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.