International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

House of Flying Daggers [merged]

Old 01-28-05, 06:39 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Has anyone bought the 3-disc LE and gotten a defective disc, though? The LEs appear not to be affected by the glitch.
Old 01-28-05, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just received my LE yesterday so i have not had a chance to watch it yet, but a friend told me that it is actually playing in our local theatre, so I might catch it on the bigsceen.

Hopefully, it won't be censored (someone earlier in the thread said that the Canadian version was not)
Old 01-28-05, 08:41 AM

I have a quick question does the pixelation only happen in the bamboo scene? For me the dvd wont play anything after the bamboo scene. Is that my dvd player (all three them) or is it the dvd.
Old 01-28-05, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

According to the dvdfromkorea they're already "Out Of Stock?"

Is this possible? On a pre-order?

I was gonna wait until I read some reviews on this release, but now I think I might pre-order somewhere just to make sure I get a copy.
Old 01-28-05, 11:35 AM
Cool New Member

In case anyone is still looking for the Edko 3-disc LE, it still available at layoyo.com:

http://www.layoyo.com/cgi-bin/ncomme...AGE=1&curr=USD

As has been mentioned, it is approximately $35 plus another $26 for shipping (14 shipping units), so I would order a few more items (up to 20 shipping units) to help offset the shipping cost. I added the New Police Story Limited Edition, which is $21 and is 6 shipping units.

I was very impressed by layoyo.com in terms of pricing and fast service. I placed my order this past Sunday and it arrived in Wisconsin on Wednesday via DHL.
Old 01-28-05, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

dmpre - It's the bamboo scene and everything after it that will not play on the glitched copies. So, yeah, it's the DVD.
Old 01-28-05, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well my LE suddenly showed up in the mail today. And my refund from CD-WOW also went through today. Weird coincidence but I made sure to infrom CD-WOW so they can bill me again, thus negating the refund.

I haven't had a chance to try out the disc because my comp crapped out on me shortly after I placed my order and I've yet to mod my player.

I think for now I'll get one of those Daewoo players. They're good and easy to remote hack, right?
Old 01-29-05, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ralph Jenkins
Has anyone bought the 3-disc LE and gotten a defective disc, though? The LEs appear not to be affected by the glitch.
As I said in a previous post, yes the movie disc in my 3-disc LE is glitchy as hell. It stuttered during the bamboo forest scene, and absolutely refused to play anything after the 1:25:00 mark.
Old 01-29-05, 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Well my LE suddenly showed up in the mail today. And my refund from CD-WOW also went through today. Weird coincidence but I made sure to infrom CD-WOW so they can bill me again, thus negating the refund.

I haven't had a chance to try out the disc because my comp crapped out on me shortly after I placed my order and I've yet to mod my player.

I think for now I'll get one of those Daewoo players. They're good and easy to remote hack, right?
why would you want to negate a refund? can you explain this situation again? i'm very curious as to what happened.
Old 01-30-05, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by royalwithcheese
why would you want to negate a refund? can you explain this situation again? i'm very curious as to what happened.
I think he got both a replacement disc AND a refund. Kudos to Roc for being honest!

Ron
Old 01-31-05, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Actually, I got a refund not a replacement disc. It just so happens that my order showed up the very day the refund went through.

Originally, they were going to send me a replacement because my order never arrived but they were out of stock so they issued a refund. But when I saw that my LE set finally showed up, I e-mailed CD-WOW so they'd bill me again (thus making it as if the refund never happened) because I now have the set I wanted and I'm not about to keep it for free. It just wouldn't be right.
Old 01-31-05, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

BTW, I should also add that my LE played flawlessly. I've already watched it a few times from beginning to end with absolutely no glitches in sight. I guess only some of the LE's turned out to be bad discs like the standard 2-disc set.

I just wish the trailers weren't the only special feature with English subtitles. Well, there is the music video but that doesn't really count as the song is in English anyway.