Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

What else should I order from HK?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 10-09-04, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the first time in quite a long while I want to order some more DVDs from Hong Kong. I'm now living in Japan but sadly the shipping at hivizone isn't any cheaper to Japan than anywhere else.

Well, anyhow, this is what I was planning on ordering... any further recommendations?

God of Gamblers, remastered (seen the film once, on that terrible previous DVD)

Bride With White Hair, and #2 (seen only #2)

God of Cookery (I've only seen one other Steven Chow film, Shaolin Soccer, and feel I should try another)

OUATIC trilogy, remastered

Infernal Affairs

I should get around to updating my online DVD collection list, then I could mention what I actually own. Quite a few films with Chow Yun Fat, Jackie Chan, Jet Li, and Michelle Yeoh... ACGS and Mr Vampire... that covers a lot of them.
Old 10-09-04, 07:18 AM

Oh, how is the Mei Ah DVD of The Emperor and the Assassin? I recall this being a pretty good film, and it's only $5.50 at hivizone.

And what's a good DVD edition of Musa? I could rent it, but I might end up buying it anyway...
Old 10-09-04, 08:17 AM

I'd recommend "Army of Darkness" R3 ... probably the best release there currently is.

About "Emperor ...": the MeiAh DVD is a flipper, non-anamorphic, but PQ is OK. The R2UK of this movie is supposedly very nice and quite affordable.

For dvd reviews in general, I'd recommend http://dvd-basen.dk ...

Also give DDDhouse.com a look, pricing is competitive (e.g. 3.85 for "Emperor...") and shipping is affordable as well. Don't forget layoyo.com (who also carry loads of mainland discs) either.
Old 10-09-04, 07:07 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by Chris Camfield
Oh, how is the Mei Ah DVD of The Emperor and the Assassin? I recall this being a pretty good film, and it's only $5.50 at hivizone.

And what's a good DVD edition of Musa? I could rent it, but I might end up buying it anyway...

i own the 3 disc musa, thats the preferable set to get

you can go to www.dvdcompare.net and run a search to find the best versions as well as cuts