Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

has anyone watched arahan and wonderful days b4?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-04, 09:05 PM
Suspended - needs to provide a working email

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

r there good for a purchase?
Old 08-12-04, 11:00 PM

I didn't like Wonderful Days. The plot is just extremely mediocre and not well developed. I wasn't that impressed with the animation, but it's a shame it didn't have a better story to go with it. If you like the eye candy, it's worth a watch, but it's not a movie I'd watch more than once.
Old 08-13-04, 02:50 AM

On the other hand, I liked Wonderful days. I thought the animation was good, it was a mix on 2-D, CGI and Model work. I agree the story could've have been abit better. If you have DTS it has an excellent sound mix.
If you are not quite sure on it, get the cheaper version, not the 3 disc version. I have the 3-disc version, which has a poster and the other 2 discs are makings-ofs ( quite interesting but I didn't understand anything they were saying, it SHOWED some good stuff). I actually bought it cause I saw the packaging, not the best way to decide on your next purchuse of a film you've never heard of, but it did get me into my current love of asian cinema.
Old 08-14-04, 09:10 AM

The 3-disker, by the way, is a longer version of the movie with some dialogue changes here and there. It's actually a bit better. It has more time to breath. The dialogue changes aren't that big but the exposition is less direct in the longer version.

I'd say buy it. At the very least, you've got a reference disk for your system.

As for Arahan, there are some threads for that movie that should be easy enough to find. I'll say what I said on those. The movie's coming out on the 19th and it'll be in my hands on the 19th. Really fun movie. The DTS track should be awesome.
Old 08-16-04, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really enjoyed Wonderful Days. Plot is thin, but the music and visuals are top notch. It really depends on what your tastes are. If you like somewhat quiet reflective sci-fi with an epic feel, then you will probably like this one.