Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Hatchet For A Honeymoon - UK Region 2 Review

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-04, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have taken a highly detailed look at Anchor Bay's UK release of the classic 1970's Italian horror-comedy Hatchet For A Honeymoon, directed by Mario Bava. You can find our full review here.

Snippet:
Well, I love this movie. It makes me laugh, there’s a couple of good shocks in there and it has a great approach to the whole psycho-killer genre. It somehow manages to turn most conventions on their heads while treading a dark and strange path of its own. Never gory or even overtly violent, it still retains a disturbing slant that effectively sends a shiver up the spine. Couple all of this with Bava’s fabulous direction and cinematography and I believe you will be taken on an uncanny little ride to the dark side.

The disc itself offers a great feature on Bava protégé Dario Argento(!) but very little else. In the scheme of things … so what? Look at the pluses – great film, great picture, even greater sound. If you are an existing fan, you simply must get it. If you aren’t, get it anyway and give it a whirl. In the right frame of mind, late Friday night after a couple of drinks of your favourite tipple, I think you will this a bizarre and surreal trip. Recommended.