Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Philips 727/726 still out there!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-04, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.outlet.philips.com/ or on e-bay.

Just picked up my first 726 but my third philips! (the other 2 I have are 727s) - If you want to stay away from the lesser Philips 624, you can still pick one of these up refurbished at the above places. Quality is fine, my machines were not even scratched or smudged!

I highly recommend this machine.

I do not work for Philips, I don't sell any of these on ebay. I just buy them.
Old 07-22-04, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
is that link to that Philips store reliable? because I was looking to get a 727 for my dad, but the place I got mine at a couple months ago stopped carrying them.
Old 07-22-04, 06:53 PM

try your local walmart....my walmart used ot have butt-load of them for 80 bucks canadian (aprrov 60 US).

I got one just a month and change ago.....so far its pretty kick ass player for the price.
Old 07-23-04, 07:04 AM

Originally posted by asianxcore
is that link to that Philips store reliable? because I was looking to get a 727 for my dad, but the place I got mine at a couple months ago stopped carrying them.
It's at the Philip's web site, so I'd assume you're as safe as possible. After all, they made the machines! If you can find it at Walmart, go there. I never found one here.
Old 07-24-04, 01:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by jblackie
It's at the Philip's web site, so I'd assume you're as safe as possible. After all, they made the machines! If you can find it at Walmart, go there. I never found one here.
thanks.
Old 07-24-04, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have a 727 and love it except for the multi-angle icon that can be turned off. Does anyone know of a Philips model that's easily hacked but has this fixed.
Old 07-25-04, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Subgeniusguy
I have a 727 and love it except for the multi-angle icon that can be turned off. Does anyone know of a Philips model that's easily hacked but has this fixed.
The 642 doesn't have the multi-angle problem.
Old 07-25-04, 10:04 AM

I just purchased this player yesterday and I am soo excited to be able to play multiregion dvds! I was able to watch Friday the 13th uncut and Delicatessen without a problem. The hack for this player is so easy and it worked great! Getting the player was a little bit more difficult since several stores were out of stock for this model. After visiting a Walmart and Target, I finally found the last 2 at another walmart. Just as I was grabbing one, a guy behind me grabbed one too, but he was looking at me with a look of disapointment since I grabbed the box that wasn't all torn up.

So far the player works great and I couldn't be happier. Now I think I will catch up on some movies I have been waiting for like
Starman SE
They LIve SE
Prince of Darkness SE
fifth element SE
and others.
Old 07-25-04, 03:29 PM

The multi-angle icon "can" be turned off... or can't ? If it can I'm interested in knowing how.
Old 07-25-04, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by bobstevens
The multi-angle icon "can" be turned off... or can't ? If it can I'm interested in knowing how.
I don't think it can. A lot of people have put that as one of their main concerns for the Philips 727, its not bad its just annoying for some people. The only times I've experienced that multi angle out of all the DVDs I have are:

Pulp Fiction (Beginning/End Credits)
Jackie Brown (Beginning/End Credits)
Mallrats (pops on and off)

other than that I haven't seen it since.
Old 07-26-04, 11:48 AM

Originally posted by bobstevens
No, it can't. Previous threads have addressed this issue and a Philips rep was eventually contacted for an answer. Too bad. Annoying, yes. A reason not to buy? Not for me. I live with it. It doesn't pop up all that often on the discs I own.