Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Shaun Of the Dead (DVD Question)

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Shaun Of the Dead (DVD Question)

Old 08-24-04, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got an email from CDwow saying that the price is now L1 cheaper. They are emailing out a discount code for future use (to those that had placed an order earlier).
Old 08-24-04, 10:06 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
oh my gawd, what an insanely funny movie, I caught a sneak preview of the film tonight, and I have to say, its by far the funniest movies I have seen this year, what a fantastic mixture of off the wall 'British' humour, commendable performances and gore-drenched mayhem (it's rather surprising to see how much of it was retained for the American R-rated cut of the film)! Director Edgar Wright, and lead actors, Simon Pegg and Nick Frost were in attendance for an fun and enlightening post screening Q&A.

Highly recommended!
(I gotta see this again!)
Old 08-26-04, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by squint
Layoyo.com have the R3 version released on 11 August??

Do you reckon they've got it wrong?

HERE
I'm dying to see this movie but unforunately I'm only set-up for Region 1. My player does handle VCDs though. Does anybody know if these VCDs of Shaun are the real-deal and will play in my Region 1 player? I'd LOVE to see this!

Aaron
Old 08-26-04, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Why not just hit the theater on Sept. 24th?
Old 08-26-04, 09:41 PM

Originally posted by BrentLumkin
Why not just hit the theater on Sept. 24th?
That's probably a worthwhile idea. Don't know if it'll come anywhere near my small Northern Michigan town though.

Aaron
Old 08-26-04, 10:36 PM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
Okay, I came in late....

1) How many release regions so far?

2) Cheapest pre-order shipped to the U.S.?

Sorry, I 've been in the sun all day....
Old 08-26-04, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I just tried to order from cd-wow, but worldpay is down for me. :/
Old 08-26-04, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

anyone know the special features for the hl release?
Old 08-27-04, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is there a differance between the R2 and R3 release besides PAL and NTSC?
Old 08-27-04, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think anyone knows yet. I hope not, because I want the R3 so my image isn't all stretched.
Old 08-27-04, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I want to order Hero and Undead. I was hoping to get them all in one order to save on shipping. I guess I will wait.
Old 08-27-04, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by MrPink
I was hoping to get them all in one order to save on shipping. I guess I will wait.
You do realize shipping from cd-wow is free, right?
Old 08-27-04, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Do they have Hero?
Old 08-27-04, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
In the US, the film will be distributed by Focus Features.

Focus typically release their DVDs through Universal, and almost always include a dts track - and not much else.

Just so you know.
Old 08-29-04, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Here is a quick personal note about the new Spaced set.

If any of you have the two single sets, and don't want to get the new box set with that great cover art and then a third disc, try selling your two originals on eBay.

I just sold my two original Spaced DVDs, exactly for the amount that the box set is selling for at CD-Wow. It's pretty much just like I traded straight up.
Old 09-02-04, 07:45 AM

I just caught a screening of this last night in Austin, TX with Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost in attendance. The movie was awesome! Can't wait for my dvd. And Simon and Nick are hilarious in person -- their Q&A was as funny as the movie. Some notes:
1. Simon says there will not be a FROM DUSK TILL SHAUN. He says they need to move on and do something different, but that they have tossed around the idea of doing a graphic novel sequel.
2. Will there be a new SPACED series ever? Maybe. They'd like to but they have to do something new for now.
3. The new SPACED dvds will have a short little "new" episode at the end of the documentary. They didn't say how long it is, just that it is short and it is new.

That's all I can remember at the moment.
Old 09-02-04, 08:36 AM

1. Simon says there will not be a FROM DUSK TILL SHAUN. He says they need to move on and do something different, but that they have tossed around the idea of doing a graphic novel sequel.
That not what he has said in ever single interview in the UK, in magazines and on TV, he says there will be a sequel as and it will be called From Dusk Till Shaun, guess he is a bare face liar! the cheek of it all! the film is doing well and I bet the motherload there will be a sequel, its pretty much a given, no matter what they say the cash people will make it so.
Old 09-02-04, 10:04 AM

The way he said it -- I got the impression they originally planned to do it, but now feel like doing something new. I guess we'll have to see. Like you said -- the cash people may make them do it. I tend to never believe what actors and directors say they are going to do "next" when they are promoting a movie -- so many times it just doesn't work out that way.
Old 09-02-04, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Brent, I did exactly that, and got the new Spaced box and Shaun from Amazon UK in a combo deal, plus the Amazon has a different cover or something so thats a little plus.
Old 09-02-04, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

According to this interview with Edgar Wright (the director), a sequel is still a possibility, but they aren't sure exactly what they want to do and it probably won't be for a little while:
WARNING, there are a few spoilers for Shaun of The Dead and 28 Days Later in the article(s).

Q: Simon mentioned there had been talk of a sequel to the film called From Dusk til Shaun. How could you not make a movie with that title?

Wright: There were a lot of ideas.
One idea was to do a direct sequel – not to give too much away, but one of the main characters ends up a zombie – so it would almost be a cross between Every Which Way But Loose and Weekend at Bernie’s.
The other idea we had was to do the alternate reality sequel, where you do the Run Lola Run thing where the film just starts again and you’re watching a different day and it’s like left turn for zombies, right turn for something completely different.

Q: Like Sliding Doors.

Wright: Exactly! We want to move on and do something different. We want to return to Shaun, he could be that character who is like John McClane, different day, same shit. But we thought that if we spent the next two years doing another Shaun films we would be one joke merchants. We want to do a sequel in tone, and the idea for the next film is to do something with a very similar sensibility and a similar sense of humor but tackling a different genre. Also there’s that thing, where the filmmakers that we really admire like Tarantino and Wes Anderson and Paul Thomas Anderson have this feeling of a rep company that’s ever expanding, and in an ever expanding universe. We’d like to do a similar thing. Spaced, the TV show that we had, there’s a lot of people in this who were in Spaced but then there’s different people like Bill Nighy and Penelope Walton. It would be nice to go further again, have Simon and Nick at the center of the film, but expand the universe.

Q: But if they throw tons of money at you would you change your tune?

Wright: Maybe in the future, but I don’t think next. I would rather consolidate it with something which has everything that people like about Shaun of the Dead in the context of a different story.[/i]

Q (TO Simon Pegg): Would you do a sequel?

Pegg: There was some talk about From Dusk Til Shaun I have to say. We discussed it on the set, and the title of the film is almost too good not to do. Edgar wanted to an alternative universe version, so almost did the film again but it took a different turn and would be body snatchers or vampires. We wanted to have the definitive zombie movie and say what we wanted to say and move on. We’re definitely going to make a sequel in tone, but in terms of zombies or these characters, I don’t know. I loved playing Shaun, he’s not that different from me. I don’t know about doing a sequel. I think you can retroactively damage a product by adding to it. If you look at Jaws even, I think that Jaws is one of the greatest films ever made but you can’t help but think about Jaws 4, which is dreadful. Even as you watch the original you think about the characters, “Oh she ends up in the Caribbean with Michael Caine.” If you watch Alien, this all started with AVP: Whoever won, we left.

Full interview here

Interviews with stars Simon Pegg and Nick Frost.

Also its sounds like the eventual R1 DVD release may contain some extra stuff that had to be cut from the R2 release to keep its 15 rating. Guess they don't allow the "bonus features are unrated" disclaimer in the UK.

Last edited by Brett; 09-02-04 at 12:18 PM.
Old 09-02-04, 05:39 PM

Any new info about the R3 edition ??
Old 09-03-04, 12:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anybody get a "delayed" shipment email from CD-Wow on Shaun of the Dead?
Old 09-03-04, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by dullboy
Anybody get a "delayed" shipment email from CD-Wow on Shaun of the Dead?
Yup (I ordered the R2 release).

I saw this posted on another site:

"Just got an e-mail back from Cd-wow

I quote : I can only apologise for previous delays. Unfortunately the delay from Shaun Of The Dead was a problem with the artwork, this was a manufacturers fault
and completely out of our hands."

Who knows if this is true or not...although the exclusive artwork versions from HMV (and possibly Amazon) have been reportedly shipping, so it could be correct.
Old 09-03-04, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I just got an email from Amazon.co.uk:

At Amazon.co.uk we are always looking for ways to lower prices, and as
part of this commitment we are pleased to let you know that the price of
the following item has decreased.

Andrew Robinson (Actor), et al "Hellraiser Puzzle Box" [DVD]
OLD PRICE NEW PRICE
£22.33 £19.36

"Shaun of the Dead--Limited Edition Packaging (Amazon.co.uk
Exclusive)" [DVD]
OLD PRICE NEW PRICE
£11.06 £10.20
This is now the 2nd or 3rd time they have lowered the prices on these items.
Old 09-03-04, 12:25 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally posted by fnordboy
I just got an email from Amazon.co.uk:

This is now the 2nd or 3rd time they have lowered the prices on these items.
screw it, SOLD! (good things happen to those who wait - hooray!)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.