Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Green Snake, HK vs. Korean dvd?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-04, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was about to buy the HK version of "Green Snake" which seems pretty good but then I found out that there is a Korean version as well...

A review of the HK version is here:
http://www.dighkmovies.com/v4/213/213a.html

And screenshots of the Korean version here:
http://www.dvdasian.com/cgi-bin/dvdasian/17549.html

Screenshots of the Korean version look pretty good. The HK version is by Mei Ah and even though it is "remastered", it's still a Mei Ah release.

Does anyone know how does the Korean version compare to the Hong Kong version, picture and audio wise (the HK version review mentions fixes to the audio)
Old 06-29-04, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just ordered the Korean version but I haven't received it yet. I have rented the HK version and thought it looked pretty good. My one major complaint is that the subtitles were nearly unreadable. They were small and white, it really detracted from my viewing experience. Good movie, though.
Old 06-29-04, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I just ordered it - I'm hoping it's better than the tai seng version.
Old 06-29-04, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,203 Likes on 1,506 Posts
I was planning on picking up the Korean DVD but I heard a rumour on another forum that a even better looking edition is on the way in 6 months or so (no other details yet). I love the film and now I'm not sure what to do. Anyway, you guys who ordered the Korean disc, please let us know how it looks. The packaging is very nice, at least.
Old 06-29-04, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No complaints here for the remastered Mei Ah version.
Old 06-29-04, 11:05 PM

They are the same disc. Spectrum is just putting out some of the remastered discs from Mei-ah for the Korean market.

The same way that Spectrum has putting out the Hong Kong Fortune Star releases (A Better Tomorrow Trilogy, Bruce Lee Collection).
Old 07-07-04, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I received my Korean R3 disk yesterday and am very happy with it. The film looks fantastic, the subtitles have been improved over the previous version I'd seen and the DTS soundtrack is great. The movie is not really region 3 though, as it plays on my Sony R1 player. I bought this movie to test out my new Toshiba 4900 but couldn't test out the region free hack.

The only extras are a trailer and a filmography. The filmography is just a screen or two of each of the actors resume but it is Korean so I couldn't read it.

Besides not being able to test out my new Region free player, I'm extremely satisfied with this disk.