Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Are these availble on Region 0 (all) NTSC DVD anywhere

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 06-25-04, 02:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I only have a few DVDs left in my crusade to replace my "chopped-up" Region 1 versions. I have checked around a few places and haven't seen any R0-NTSC versions of these. Are they simply not available or are they just hard to find

Project S (SuperCop 2)

Island Of Fire (UNCUT)

The Era Of Vampire (The Vampire Hunters)

Double Vision (Uncut 113min Version)

Naked Killer (Director's Cut, NOT UNCUT)
Old 06-25-04, 03:49 AM

Well, you're out of luck, mostly.... As far as I know, The Vampire Hunters is uncut already. If you have the R1 CTS version, it should be fine.

The only way to get Project S uncut (well, undubbed, anyway) is, I think, in R2 PAL. The unrated Double Vision is R3 NTSC. From what I know, Island on Fire isn't on DVD in Hong Kong, which is really strange.

As for Naked Killer, I'm not sure, there are so many versions out there. Aznfilms sells a Director's Special Edition, which is 93 minutes, but the HKL Naked Killer is 92 minutes, but PAL. I don't know which has more because I haven't seen either. If you want the director's cut, then get the DVD Aznfilms is selling.

I know it's really annoying what American companies are doing to HK flicks. Luckily, I didn't have money so I couldn't buy any R1 DVDs, so now I'm hunting down all the HK versions of movies. Good luck.
Old 06-25-04, 11:23 AM

I can't think of any Region 0 NTSC versions of those movies either.

The R1 Vampire Hunters is definately cut though. The only uncut version on DVD that I know of is the R3 version from Singapore which is something like 10 to 14 minutes longer.
Old 06-25-04, 12:03 PM

Sifu, where could I find the DVD?
Old 06-25-04, 07:16 PM

I've only seen it at thedvdetective.com. It's under the alternate title "Era of Vampires".
Old 06-25-04, 08:54 PM

Thanks for the info pat, I guess I will just have to wait on those titles (until I become Region Free)
Old 06-27-04, 01:06 PM

No problem. It's really easier to become region-free. I bought my regionless player about a year and a half ago and couldn't be happier. I haven't worried about regions or PAL/NTSC or whatever since then and I'll be crying if I ever find myself with a single-region player ever again.

Regionless players are maybe a big more expensive, but good god are they worth the price. Actually... I find myself spending far too much money tracking the best versions of movies from every region now, so... maybe you should stick with your region 1 player.
Old 07-05-04, 02:05 PM
Cool New Member

I have an import of Naked Killer from Hong Kong it is 97 minutes long. It was mported by a Tai Seng. You should be able to get it from them .
Old 07-05-04, 08:39 PM

Island of Fire has been released by HKL on r2 PAL. It's uncut, I think. The BBFC hasn't cut it anyways.