Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Hana and Alice (Shunji Iwai), any word on a R3 release?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 06-24-04, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shunji Iwai's latest movie Hana and Alice is coming out region 2 (JP) soon. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have english subs Has anyone heard if there will be a Korean release any time soon? I might pick this one up too since it comes with the shorter version of the movie, but I would much prefer to buy a release with subs.

Info here:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=NND-8

Thanks.
Old 06-28-04, 11:07 AM

Nobody?

Guess I will have to just pick up the R2 and hope for someone to release a sub script for it.
Old 09-24-04, 01:22 PM

Just bumping this up one more time. Does anyone know anything about an R3 (w/ subs) release?
Old 09-28-04, 10:48 AM

The r2jp distributor Norman's Nose didn't release All About Lily Chou-Chou with subs either, though they did subtitle his early TV shorts (Fireworks, Should We See it from the Side or the Bottom?, Fried Dragon Fish and Ghost Soup). SRE in Korea released Love Letter and April Story (though I'm not sure if All About Lily Chou-Chou got a release in Korea) so you might want to ask them if they plan to release Hana and Alice.
Old 09-28-04, 12:14 PM

Originally posted by louistheblue
The r2jp distributor Norman's Nose didn't release All About Lily Chou-Chou with subs either, though they did subtitle his early TV shorts (Fireworks, Should We See it from the Side or the Bottom?, Fried Dragon Fish and Ghost Soup). SRE in Korea released Love Letter and April Story (though I'm not sure if All About Lily Chou-Chou got a release in Korea) so you might want to ask them if they plan to release Hana and Alice.
I have the Korean release of Lily Chou-Chou, so yes it was released in Korea. I can't remember who released it off the top of my head though.

I might give that a try. Thanks.
Old 09-28-04, 12:24 PM

Are you sure it's not the Hong Kong release you've got. Who's the distributor and where did you buy it?
Old 09-28-04, 01:03 PM

Originally posted by louistheblue
Are you sure it's not the Hong Kong release you've got. Who's the distributor and where did you buy it?
Damn, I think you are right. Sorry, it is a HK release.