Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Juon tv version w/English subs?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 06-11-04, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking to get a copy of the original Juon tv version and see some on eBay that have attractive prices. I've seen some threads that have said there are no legitimate versions with English subtitles, yet there are several offerings that claim English subs. I also seem to remember a thread somewhere...might have been IMDB or somewhere...where a person claimed to look for "the version with the red hand", which is what a few of these offerings appear to be.

Before I take the plunge I thought I'd ask some of the experts 'round here to chime in with their opinions. Any help is appreciated.

Also, would you consider the tv version the better place to start or the theatrical (I am NOT waiting for the American remake...I want to see the originals first).

Thanks!
Old 06-11-04, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

There are no legit releases with english subtitles. Yes there are plenty on ebay, but none of them are legit (if they have subs).

The "red hand version" is just one of the discs. There are two Juon TV releases 1 and 2. The red cover is Juon 1 and the blue cover is Juon 2. The bootlegs are using the same covers as the R2 (Japan) releases.

You could start with the theatricals, you won't be missing anything major. The TV series is pretty good, but I did enjoy the movies better...if not just because of the higher production values.
Old 06-11-04, 11:34 AM

I had a feeling that was the case, but I figured one of the brain trust here could verify. Thank you. I will likely take your suggestion and get at least the first of the theatrical versions.