International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Schindler's List

Old 06-09-04, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Schindler's List

Can anyone help me find some info on this dvd. I have the UPC but can't find anything.

UPC: 83422-5413-2

On the back it says it's Region [ALL]. It is a widescreen version like it says on the back, but doesn't have an option for DD5.1 in the menu. It plays Pro-Logic when I put it in my dvd player, but on back of the case it says it has a DD5.1 track.

Anyways, I guess I'm trying to find out if this is a bootleg or not. I don't know if bootlegs come in cases that look like the real thing or not. I'm knew at this dvd stuff I don't want to sell it to someone if it's an illegal version.

Oh, the disc did show up on DVD Profiler when I entered the UPC.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve
Old 06-09-04, 07:52 PM

Sounds like a bootleg to me...could U post a pic of the DVD ?

Dont be fooled...Bootlegs can look VERY real...its big business in some countries...

Let me guess...U bought it from eBay ?

I just checked the UPC in Profiler...and it doesnīt have the usual signs of bootleg (such as "stickers" that say DTS or DVD-5 or something like that), but itīs region ALL, and it says the film in on a single layer on the disc...that sounds pretty strange for a 3 hour + movie !
Old 06-09-04, 07:56 PM

Don't have a scanner so I can't post a pic. And I bought it off of someone at this forum.
Old 06-09-04, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It's pretty easy to tell... the disk is a DVD-18 (dual sided) and these are notoriously difficult to bootleg because of cost. If your DVD only has one playing side, it is a bootleg... and if you did get it from someone on this forum, they should be reported immediately.
Old 06-09-04, 08:21 PM

Yes, it only has one playing side. So I guess it's a bootleg then?. Well when he gave me his FT list...it said it was an import. I just didn't ask from where. He is a gold trader though, so maybe he didn't know. He said he never watched it. I'll contact him and see if he knew.

Are you sure about this though? I don't wanna accuse him if it isn't a bootleg.

Thanks
Old 06-09-04, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

http://207.136.67.23/film/DVDReview2/schindler.htm

I've never owned it, but from the many reviews i've read... and the length of the movie and extras, it's logically the only possibility. And according to:

http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=4557

There is no legitimate one-sided version of this film. Every copy of this film i've seen has the extras, which would DEMAND the disk to be double sided or for the set to have 2 seperate disks.

Last edited by DrGerbil; 06-09-04 at 08:36 PM.