Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Office: The Christmas Specials 10/25 in R2

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 05-31-04, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

From DVDAnswers.com:
The BBC has finally set an official release date for the Christmas specials of The Office which stars the comedy legends Ricky Gervais, Martin Freeman and Mackenzie Crook. The disc has been scheduled for release on the 25th October, and should set you back around £16.99 in total. I'm afraid we still have no official word on extra material at this time, although the BBFC has recently classified the twenty-minute pilot episode entitled 'The Boss'. It therefore looks pretty likely that this will be included on the disc, come October. We hope to have some further details direct from the source very shortly. Stay tuned.
It's 80 minutes. Any news on the R1 release???

Last edited by JuryDuty; 05-31-04 at 04:33 PM.
Old 05-31-04, 04:41 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 254 Likes on 192 Posts

I can't wait
Old 05-31-04, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About time. One question though. When did they take that photo of the cast, cuz only Ricky Gervais looks the same as he does in the TV show.
Old 05-31-04, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, that photo is a mystery. I've seen the Christmas specials, and, other than Dawn having a tan, the characters really haven't changed any at all (in other words, nothing like that photo).
Old 05-31-04, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Numanoid
Yes, that photo is a mystery. I've seen the Christmas specials, and, other than Dawn having a tan, the characters really haven't changed any at all (in other words, nothing like that photo).
That photo was up on the BBC site for awhile as a background, so I am assuming it was taken sometime after the specials were filmed, but probably before they aired. They probably figured they wouldn't have to do anything else as those characters and were already started on other projects.

Anyway, great news on this release. I have been waiting for a while.
Old 08-02-04, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: The Office: The Christmas Specials 10/25 in R2

Originally posted by JuryDuty
although the BBFC has recently classified the twenty-minute pilot episode entitled 'The Boss'. It therefore looks pretty likely that this will be included on the disc
Any further word on this? Reason I ask is that it doesn't appear that this will be on the R1 release of the Christmas eps (it was announced today, didn't mention this), so I was wondering if I ought to be picking up this version instead.
Old 08-03-04, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yay! I'm doing the David Brent dance right now.