International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Anyone here having probs with koreandvds.com ?

Old 04-21-04, 10:20 AM

Probs with koreandvds.com

Has anyone had any problems ordering from koreandvds.com? I made a $250 purchase about 3 weeks ago. The items still haven't arrived (I paid for the fast shipping, which I think they said is 5-8 days).

I've emailed them three times to ask for a tracking number and to confirm the date the package shipped. They haven't bothered to send a response.

I've seen them mentioned many times on the boards and assume they're legit and I don't think the three weeks that have passed are that strange for such a distance, but it's the lack of response (and tracking number) that is bothering me.

At what point, should their lack of response continue, should I contact my credit card company?
Old 04-21-04, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hi,

Firstly, sorry to hear you are having apparent problems with your order..in all the time i've used them i've found them to be nothing short of extremely reliable and i hope your unfortunate situation is rectified shortly.

Have you tried posting on their 'message board' on the site....as it happens i did notice this announcement from the webmaster which i've cut and pasted :-

I mistakenly erased some customer emails. If you did not hear a response to your emails sent within the last 48 hours please send me another email.

So this may account for why you haven't received an e-mail reply as yet.

Hope this is of help to you.
Old 04-21-04, 10:38 AM

RichDB10, thanks for the quick and helpful response. I didn't even realize they had a board (this is my first order from them). Presumably this is the problem (however, 3 emails deleted over a week's period seems suspicious to me).

Prior to these three emails, they were very professional re: my order (emailed with them a few times). But, I haven't heard from them once since they got my $.

I also find it strange that they don't just send customers their ems tracking number when the items ship--or at least put it on their own web site package tracking section.

I've just sent them another email stating clearly that I'd like my EMS tracking number within 48 hours. Here's hoping they send a response.
Old 04-21-04, 11:48 AM
Njl

The webmaster at koreandvds was out of the country last week (said so on the site), and seeing as how he is the only one there who really reads/writed English well, email/message board wasn't answered in his absence. Him deleting emails probably happened while going through those that had arrived while he was away.
Old 04-21-04, 12:03 PM

The prices are good, but I've had very mixed service, leaning more toward the bad side, so I just don't shop there much any more.

They are very bad at answering emails and dealing with problems that come up. And it's not really a good sign if only one person is able to answer emails in English. Although it explains why it takes so long to get an answer.
Old 04-21-04, 12:12 PM
Njl

I seem to remember from a long-ish exchange of emails that there are two people there able to read English fairly well, but the other person doesn't really write it well enough to be of much use if an answer is needed.
What I do is to send the emai lto all three adresses I have at koreandvds, and I usually have a reply in a day or two.
Old 04-21-04, 06:47 PM
Cool New Member

Found them pretty good to deal with. Delivered on time and well packaged.

Thumbs up from me
Old 04-21-04, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have actually found a better place to shop. Once I make my purchase from them, I pass along my experience of this other place. Prices are much cheaper and their responses are quick!
Old 04-21-04, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Bill Geiger
I have actually found a better place to shop. Once I make my purchase from them, I pass along my experience of this other place. Prices are much cheaper and their responses are quick!
Nervermind, I know which one you're talking about...

Last edited by DrGerbil; 04-21-04 at 08:39 PM.
Old 04-21-04, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've only used them once but was very pleased with their service. They even included a free sample dvd with my order (which was shipped promptly).
Old 04-21-04, 09:01 PM

Looking forward to hearing from you. DrGerbil might know but I don't.
Old 04-21-04, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Please enlighten me.
Old 04-21-04, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Those that know, know. We'll let you guys in once we confirm that the site is legit. Besides, if everyone finds out right away, that isn't any fun... I just found out about it this weekend, so I don't know how long it has been around.
Old 04-21-04, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by DrGerbil
Those that know, know. We'll let you guys in once we confirm that the site is legit. Besides, if everyone finds out right away, that isn't any fun... I just found out about it this weekend, so I don't know how long it has been around.
Please, spare my bank account!!
Old 04-21-04, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by flashburn
Please, spare my bank account!!
Don't worry, the site takes paypal

and bank transfers...
Old 04-21-04, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by DrGerbil
Don't worry, the site takes paypal

and bank transfers...
I think you just gave the site away......

thank you
Old 04-21-04, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by candyrocket786
I think you just gave the site away......

thank you
Enjoy! Optimize the shipping costs by buying at least 2 DVDs. One other note... the shipping cost jumps $4 if you order more than 2 items. The shipping for 2 single DVDs and for 2 large boxsets are the same.
Old 04-21-04, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh well....the site is www.dvdheaven.com

I held my breath long enough! LOL! That was a long week!

They were really fast in responding to my questions. They give you four shipping options. Of course, I would go with the cheapest which I was told take 7-10 days (same as Koreandvds.com).
Old 04-21-04, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh well....the site is www.dvdheaven.com

I held my breath long enough! LOL! That was a long week!

They were really fast in responding to my questions. They give you four shipping options. Of course, I would go with the cheapest which I was told take 7-10 days (same as Koreandvds.com).
Have you actually recieved your product yet? They do have some fantastic prices.
Old 04-21-04, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't order from there (yet). But they do have the Kevin Smith boxset for under 50 which is fantastic compared to Koreandvds.com

I did see that New member Il Mare ordered from here the other day as he stated in the "What have You Ordered Recently" thread. Cat was actually out of the bag a couple days ago.

Like I said earlier, I found this through the Spectrum DVD site in their links section last week.

Last edited by Bill Geiger; 04-21-04 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-21-04, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Both these guys and Koreandvds are OOS on the same titles.....damn!
Old 04-21-04, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by candyrocket786
Both these guys and Koreandvds are OOS on the same titles.....damn!
What a shame... what will you spend your money on now?!?!?!?
Old 04-21-04, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What a shame... what will you spend your money on now?!?!?!?
I guess the CH TV Edition Club.

Interesting things I noticed about DVDheaven
-Multiple releases for some Disney titles
-Used dvds
-site looks similar to koreandvds
Old 04-21-04, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I bet they have the same distributor...
Old 04-21-04, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I noticed the used dvds as well...all sold out from the ones I did see. It is similar but not the same. I did see Lady & The Tramp there too (not a Disney release.) However, I have heard that over there many of the Disney titles are also domain titles as well.

As far as the CH TV Greats.... the CSI 1 & 2 I got I love. Never saw the show before and fell in love. I just got them a few days ago and am almost finished with Season 1. It is addictive just like Sopranos and 24.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.