International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Killing Zoe (SE) 3 DVD set- MAY 12 Europe

Old 04-11-04, 12:39 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Killing Zoe (SE) 3 DVD set- MAY 12 Europe

A brand spanking new transfer has been provided for the upcoming French 3 DVD set of Avery's Killing Zoe (a "normal" 2 dvd set also available) on May 12. The set will offer DTS track!!

Disc 1 and 2 will include both the theatrical cut and the director's cut . Disc 3 will be all extras. But here are the extras...see for yourself (hopefully no one will request translation...).

Extras:

"Contenu des discs 1 et 2 :

Le Film : Killing Zoe
La Version du film en Director's Cut en VOST
- L'accès au storyboards en cours de film
- Les commentaires audio du Réalisateur en VOST
- Les liens internet

Contenu du disc 3 :

- Le documentaire inédit en VOST : " Shooting Zoe " ( inclus des images de répétitions et du tournage et des interviews exclusives des Acteurs et du Réalisateur ) (60 mn)
- Les scènes de Zoe : Julie Delpy commente ses scènes préférées
- Le matériel promotionnel : Les bandes-annonces, featurette, galerie de photos"

Cover art:

Cheers,
Pro-B

ps
By the way...May 12 is my birthday....so feel free to make me a present !!!

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 04-11-04 at 01:11 AM.
Old 04-11-04, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Great news! I love this film and since R1 will not likely see a similar SE anytime soon, I'm picking this one up. I know enough French to understand most of the extras listed above, and I think it mentions a director's commentary right? I've enjoyed Avery's other commentary tracks (Criterion Hardboiled, Dawn of the Dead) and it will be nice to finally hear a commentary on one of his own films.
Old 04-11-04, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

cultshock:

I am a little busy now....but if you really need help with the translation I will type up all the extras in English....let me know.....I thought that it was obvious even if one only speaks English.....

...also in addition to Avery, Julie Delpy will be doing sort of a commentary on a few scenes...(ha, can you guess which one the forum would like her to discuss....).

Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 04-11-04 at 01:09 AM.
Old 04-11-04, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

wow...thanks for the update...I don't know about that set, but I do love this movie.
Old 04-11-04, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

pro-bassoonist

Just out of interest when i checked over at Amazon France it appears 3 DVD editions of True Romance and Reservoir Dogs are being released at the same time as this Killing Zoe do you have any details with regard these releases?
Old 04-11-04, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Yes, ....I did not post them because I thought that the R1 of True Romance is already pretty good.....and as to Reservoir Dogs...well...I wont comment on that one. So, for you...here's the info:

Via (the French) DVDNET-

TRUE ROMANCE 3DVD (SPECIAL EDITION)-

DVD 1 :

. Format 2.35 (16/9)
. Français & Anglais Dolby Digital 5.1 Français et/ou Anglais DTS
. Sous-titre Français
3 commentaires audio en VOst :
- Christian Slater et Patricia Arquette
- Réalisateur Tony Scott
- Quentin Tarantino
. L'accès au story-board en cours de film

DVD 2 & 3 :

. Le scénario : l'histoire d'un scénario avec les interviews du producteur Samuel Hadida et de Roger Avary, les influences de Tarantino, les notes de production du dossier de presse original...
. Le tournage : les coulisses (document interactif)
. Les acteurs : les interviews, arrêt sur image : D. Hopper, V. Kilmer, B. Pitt et M. Rapaport commentent une de leur scène du film
. Le film : les scènes coupées avec ou sans commentaire du réalisateur, la fin alternative avec ou sans commentaires de T. Scott ou Q. Tarantino, les différentes versions du film, les influences de Tarantino.
. Le matériel promotionnel : les spots TV, les featurette française et américaine, la galerie d'affiches et de photos, filmographies

RESERVOIR DOGS (SPECIAL EDITION)-

Tueurs Nés Director's Cut Collector 2 DVD

DVD 1 :

. Format 1.77 (16/9)
. Anglais Dolby Digital 5.1 & DTS (plein débit) & certainement VF Dolby digital 5.1 (pas annoncé mais c'est certainement une erreur de la part de l'éditeur)
. Sous-titre Français
. Le commentaire audio d'Oliver Stone
. Liens internet

DVD 2 :

Les commentaires audio d'Oliver Stone en VOST
Les liens internet

DVD 2

Le making of : "la montée du chaos" avec les interviews de l'équipe du film (27')
. Les scènes coupées présentées par Oliver Stone VOst (5')
. La fin alternative présentée par Oliver Stone (5')
. teaser américain & bandes annonces Vf & VOst

Street date is the same- May 12 (Metropolitan/France).

Cheers mate....if you have trouble with the French specs...let me know...I will post them in English....

Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 04-11-04 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-11-04, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by pro-bassoonist
cultshock:

I am a little busy now....but if you really need help with the translation I will type up all the extras in English....let me know.....I thought that it was obvious even if one only speaks English.....
Thanks Pro-B, but actually I said that I did know enough French to understand the specs. Thanks for the offer though. The only thing I wasn't sure about was if "realisateur" meant "director" but now I know that is the case.

Anyway, it seems odd that the French Reservoir Dogs SE has so much involvement of Oliver Stone, including a commentary. Did someone get this film mixed up with Natural Born Killers?
Old 04-11-04, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by cultshock
Did someone get this film mixed up with Natural Born Killers?
Actually I considered this very same issue myself....but then again....the info is all over the French news sites.

The few German and French forums I frequent have posted the same question...and people are quie surprised by it. As it is, I suppose we shall wait and see when this set gets released...there will be some major reviews that's for sure.

Cheers,
Pro-B
Old 04-12-04, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

pro-bassoonist - Thanks for the spec listings
Old 04-16-04, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

better covers-

Old 05-08-04, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

updated menu shots and covers-

Pro-B
Old 05-08-04, 12:53 AM

killing zoe Vost?

DVD 1 and 2: • The film • The film version Director's Cut in vost • The commentary audio of the director (in
vost) Ok I know my french is bad but what is "VOST"?
Old 05-08-04, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

3 commentaires audio en VOst :
- Christian Slater et Patricia Arquette
- Réalisateur Tony Scott
- Quentin Tarantino

It is an abbreviation pertaining to the three commentaries by the cast/director....as shown above....

...and in this case...."Version Originale Sous-Titrée"...which means that there will be French subs for the French market where English is spoken- for example during the interviews/extras...or the non-dubbed English/original version of the film.

Cheers,
Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 05-08-04 at 01:15 AM.
Old 05-08-04, 10:29 AM
Cool New Member

Will they have forced French subs on the English audio tracks just to cheese of non French folk?
Old 05-08-04, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

your answer is in the menu shot above.....

Pro-B
Old 05-08-04, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The True Romance R1 Two disc already has the same features (aside from the French DTS).
Old 05-10-04, 02:57 AM

Originally posted by cultshock
Anyway, it seems odd that the French Reservoir Dogs SE has so much involvement of Oliver Stone, including a commentary. Did someone get this film mixed up with Natural Born Killers?
RESERVOIR DOGS (SPECIAL EDITION)-
Tueurs Nés is the French title for Natural Born Killer. There is obviously a mixup and they put the spec of the uncut version of NBK instead of the ones of Reservoir Dogs.
Old 05-10-04, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

OK, that makes sense re: the Reservoir Dogs mixup.

Regarding the French Killing Zoe disc: there are portions of the film that are in French language. Based on the above menu screenshot, it looks like the only subtitle options are French or none. This is to be expected for a French release of course, but it's a bit of a down side for those of us who aren't exactly fluent in Francais. Still, I'll more than likely pick it up.
Old 05-14-04, 01:53 AM

Regarding Reservoir Dogs. The 3 DVD boxset offers en bonus the original 1.33 version of the movie. Which appears to be the original aspect ratio.

Can anyone tell me if it is available in any other edition ?

Last edited by Butch Coolidge; 05-14-04 at 01:56 AM.
Old 05-14-04, 03:32 AM

subtitles?

Regarding the French Killing Zoe disc: there are portions of the film that are in French language. Based on the above menu screenshot, it looks like the only subtitle options are French or none. This is to be expected for a French release of course, but it's a bit of a down side for those of us who aren't exactly fluent in Francais - I thought the subtitles were part of the film? Are they removed for this release?
Old 05-14-04, 05:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought the subtitles were part of the film? Are they removed for this release?
I'm pretty sure that burned in English subs wouldn't have appeared on international prints of the film.
Old 05-17-04, 04:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Anyone got KZ yet and can shed some light on the subtitle issue mentioned above?
Old 05-19-04, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Jonathan.E,

I can confirm that during the French dialog parts the English subs do not appear. These are rather small fragment of the film however which even without proper French skills you will be able to comprehend. My first impression is that the picture quality is substantially different. My brother and I split the Euro catalog this month and I went with mostly Italian product...his disc however I will inspect later next week. However...I dont think that I could add much to what I have already posted or what DVDRAMA have investigated. I suggest you look at their review(even if not fluent in French).

Pro-B
Old 05-19-04, 01:43 PM
Banned

Attn New Yorkers: Just picked up the 3-disc Metropolitan KZ at Kim's Video on St. Marks. They've got about 6 of them left, in case anyone's interested. $28.
Old 05-20-04, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

here's another detailed review-

http://www.devildead.com/indexfilm.php3?FilmID=885

Pro-B

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.