Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Laurel & Hardy 21 DVD box set coming to R2 UK [merged/updated: price reduction info]

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Laurel & Hardy 21 DVD box set coming to R2 UK [merged/updated: price reduction info]

Old 05-14-09, 05:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Laurel & Hardy 21 DVD box set coming to R2 UK [merged/updated: price reduction in

Originally Posted by RobLutter
Shouldn't be... I think your combined total has to be over $200USD before customs messes with it.
Good deal, thanks for the info

I guess it's on to spitting image next...
Old 05-17-09, 12:07 AM

Re: Laurel & Hardy 21 DVD box set coming to R2 UK [merged/updated: price reduction in

Well it came in today, i must say i am very happy with the set so far, Except one little thing i noticed... Watching Tit For Tat, which is one of my favorite shorts, I decided to try it out in color... I wonder if most have noticed when they are scolded the first time by Mr. Hall and he's talking to Mrs. Hall the wonder bread is not colored properly, Also to the shot back on Laurel and Hardy outside of the store, Some of the people that pass by blink into black and white, as well when they go to eat a marshmallow, the buildings in the background are also in black and white.... Overall great set though.
Old 05-17-09, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't understand why anyone would want colorized versions of these films. I'd rather they took them off and halved the disc count to save shelf space honestly.
Old 05-17-09, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,015 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by RobLutter
I can't understand why anyone would want colorized versions of these films. I'd rather they took them off and halved the disc count to save shelf space honestly.
Agreed 100%. At worst, include one film in colour, just to show people why they don't need to bother. It definitely resulted in a big waste of disc/shelf space.
Old 05-17-09, 05:49 PM

And just in case some are still questioning about buying this set, you wont regret buying it.

Last night watching Dirty Work i noticed something about Oliver Hardy i never knew and i assume isn't very well known.... He has a tattoo of a leaf on his right forearm.... If you can see that on him, the quality has got to be pretty good

I added it to the Wikipedia on Oliver Hardy under discussion, There is a screen shot to go with it so you can see the quality. I'm appreciating this set more and more I didn't realize this box was so large...
Old 05-17-09, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,015 Likes on 722 Posts

Good call about the tattoo, lxgfusion. I hadn't noticed it.

Just to clarify, my comments about the colourized versions are not meant to discourage anyone from purchasing this set. It is a great set and WELL worth the money!
Old 05-27-09, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Jebus... since when does Amazon.co.uk ship DHL? And from Germany?

In the 20+ orders I've made on Amazon UK, stuff has always shipped out Royal Mail Service and arrived via USPS in a matter of 3-5 days. My package is still sitting in Germany a week after it was "shipped" and extra-annoyingly I can only track the package from dhl.de ... in German. heh.
Old 06-10-09, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Man, the set is huge-normous. Finally got here last week after apparently being stuck in customs on the German side (weird.) Everything was intact with no loose discs.

Well worth the 30 quid if you ask me.