Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Donnie Darko(2disc-tin) and german websites using DHL

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 03-06-04, 03:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to buy Donnie Darko(2disc-tin box version) and that is sold only by amazon.de or other german websites(as far as I know)

Are there any websites that sell r2 dvds,but german versions. I mean the dvds that are sold by amazon.de. But also delivering with something else other than surface mail, because it takes too much time and very risky.

I searched four different german dvdstore website but the only shipping method is surfacemail.
Old 03-06-04, 05:02 AM

You should definitely order from amazon.de, because it's the most reliable German e-tailer.
FYI the discs are sent via "Deutsche Post World Net" - that is the company owning DHL. Shipping time is 9-12 days - that's ok. You can bet your package will be sent by airmail, because surface takes at least 2-3 weeks (that is the usual shipping time I had from the States to Germany using surface).
Old 03-06-04, 05:35 AM

First of all, does fyi means "for your interest" or something like that?

Merdalf, are you sure that amazon.de packages are shipped by airmail? I will place my order according to your answer. I never bought anything from amazon.de because I assume their shipping as surfacemail (and also because of german covers).

About a year ago, I ordered diecast cars from a german website which uses the same delivery method=Deutsche Post, and it takes about one and a half month to get them(from germany to turkey). And that means that it was sent by surface mail. Normally shipping time from uk to turkey (with airmail) is 7days. That is the reason that confuses me.
Old 03-06-04, 05:41 AM

also are there any sites that I can find coupons for amazon.de?
Old 03-06-04, 08:20 AM

FYI = for your information

I am not sure, if they ship via airmail to Turkey - I assumed you are US resident, my fault. But you can ask the customer service for English speaking consumers: http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/han...post-result=1/
- just select "Write to us in English". Just ask them, if they deliver via airmail and if not, if you could upgrade your order to airmail.

At the moment there are no coupons for amazon.de available, sorry.
Old 03-06-04, 10:32 AM

The German version of Amazon.com is terrible when shipping to the US. They used to have an option for express mail, but they would send it using the slowest possible method anyway, even though you were charged for Express. Either way, they still take forever. Do not expect to get your DVD's quickly! I think a month is about average.
Old 03-06-04, 11:25 AM

I sent a mail and ask about their delivery, I want to learn whether it is airmail or surfacemail and their answer:
""At this time we unfortunately do not offer express shipping although
this
may change in the future. Customer inquiries such as yours show the
need for us to re-evaluate this option.

Moreover, we cannot guarantee for airmail shipping to Turkey; the
shipping method depends on the weight of the shipment and the items
shipped.""

What is the meaning of 'we cannot guarantee for airmail shipping to Turkey'? You either ship using airmail or not, it should be standard. I think their answer is not reasonable, I mean why is it depends on the weight of shipment or the items shipped?

On the other hand Donnie Darko(2disc-tinbox version) is only available in germany, so I should place an order unless I can find any other site that is not located in Germany but selling dvds that are german editions.
Old 03-06-04, 11:48 AM

http://www.1a-dvdshop.ch/ - they have the tin and they do send to Turkey, but I don't know, if they send via airmail.
Old 03-06-04, 11:51 AM

thanks merdalf,
by the way is there any specific reason that none of the german websites uses express shipping?
Old 03-06-04, 04:51 PM
Banned

Re: Donnie Darko(2disc-tin) and german websites using DHL

Originally posted by ketya
I want to buy Donnie Darko(2disc-tin box version) and that is sold only by amazon.de or other german websites(as far as I know)
FYI, Kim's Video on St. Mark's Place in New York has three or four copies of this one on the shelf (I think they are asking $30). I'm not entirely sure, but I believe they do mail order, in case you'd prefer to avoid the whole overseas shipping thing.

Oops. Just re-read prior posts and realized you are in Turkey, not the U.S. Sorry! Never mind....
Old 03-07-04, 04:03 AM

Rusty James: Did you see the set or only heard about it? If you see it, can you write a small review about its appearance? I saw the picture on amazon.de but it is a usual view nothing detailed.

also $30 is very reasonable for that dvd, amazon.de price is 20euro and shipping will cost more than 13euro.
Old 03-07-04, 05:24 AM

ketya, I have the set here at home. I don't know, if you know the RC1 Akira tin, but the Donnie Darko tin is one of the same kind. The embossed printing on the front side is pretty well done.
Here are a few photos from a German DVD board:

This set is worth its price!
Old 03-07-04, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Re: Donnie Darko(2disc-tin) and german websites using DHL

Originally posted by Rusty James
FYI, Kim's Video on St. Mark's Place in New York has three or four copies of this one on the shelf (I think they are asking $30). I'm not entirely sure, but I believe they do mail order, in case you'd prefer to avoid the whole overseas shipping thing.

Oops. Just re-read prior posts and realized you are in Turkey, not the U.S. Sorry! Never mind....
http://www.kimsvideo.com is the website. Sadly it is not fully functional at this time.
Old 03-08-04, 02:32 PM

Originally posted by ketya
Rusty James: Did you see the set or only heard about it? If you see it, can you write a small review about its appearance? I saw the picture on amazon.de but it is a usual view nothing detailed.

also $30 is very reasonable for that dvd, amazon.de price is 20euro and shipping will cost more than 13euro.
Hi ketya,

amazon price is EUR 20,-. Shipping by German Post (Airmail) Turkey would be EUR 8,- (because of the weight).

If you want me to order one for you I would send it to you for EUR 35,-

If this is of any interested from you just drop me a note.

rgds
M.
Old 03-08-04, 05:35 PM

shipping by airmail to Turkey costs 15euro according to amazon.de. If I buy it from amazon.de it will cost me about 30euro and I can buy 2criterion dvds with that money. As a result I think I won't buy it unless I can find a website with lower shipping prices.
thanks for your offer almighty