Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Region 3 Con Air DTS anamorphic ws/ NTSC?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-04, 12:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if anyone knew if the Region 3 DTS version of Con Air was Anamorphic and NTSC.

This in particular:

http://www.koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=7556

I tried to use the "search" function but it turns out that both con and air fail to meet the 4 letter minimum
Old 02-21-04, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Simple answer..no.

Old 02-21-04, 02:24 PM

Thanks Bill !

You're like the International DVD guru
Old 02-21-04, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

hi, sorry didn't mean to hi-jack this topic...
but i'm getting ready to put some order on koreandvds.com

few questions:
1. Resident Evil... it said that 2-disc SE, DTS, NTSC anamorphic. does anybody got this title yet? how is it compare with R1 SE or maybe Superbit? in terms of picture & sound quality

2. Total Recall... i saw on one thread that say R3's TR got DTS but inferior to R1's DD?? can anybody comfirm that? & how's the picture transfer...

the reason i'm asking these is because i suspect Total Recall might got another re-re-release this year... & maybe Resident Evil too since the sequel is coming this summer

3. Black Hwak Down superbit.. so, the movie is in the 1st disc ONLY? wow... i'm surprise they didn't stuffed the movie into 2-disc (like Lawrence & Das Boot) since it got quit long running time
anyway.... i'm going to pick this one up too.

4. any other sugestion on what other titles (R3) that might be way superior to R1??
thinking about Dances With Wolves too...

thanx
Old 02-21-04, 04:13 PM
Banned

Originally posted by BlackBeauty92

few questions:
1. Resident Evil... it said that 2-disc SE, DTS, NTSC anamorphic. does anybody got this title yet? how is it compare with R1 SE or maybe Superbit? in terms of picture & sound quality
2. Total Recall... i saw on one thread that say R3's TR got DTS but inferior to R1's DD?? can anybody comfirm that? & how's the picture transfer...
the reason i'm asking these is because i suspect Total Recall might got another re-re-release this year... & maybe Resident Evil too since the sequel is coming this summer
3. Black Hwak Down superbit.. so, the movie is in the 1st disc ONLY? wow... i'm surprise they didn't stuffed the movie into 2-disc (like Lawrence & Das Boot) since it got quit long running time
anyway.... i'm going to pick this one up too.
4. any other sugestion on what other titles (R3) that might be way superior to R1??
1. Can't comment
2. Have it on pre-order. Can't comment as of yet
3. I don't think there was a question here. was there? The movie is only on disc 1.
4. For a listing of which movies are better, check out the 16:9/DTS thread in this forum. Unless you're looking for special editions that are different...what exactly are you looking for in terms of superiority?
Old 02-21-04, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by cross
Thanks Bill !

You're like the International DVD guru
Guru? Nah.. Pro-B and NYCFreak are more international than I am... I am just a guy who has all the answers.
Old 02-21-04, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by digitalfreaknyc

4. For a listing of which movies are better, check out the 16:9/DTS thread in this forum. Unless you're looking for special editions that are different...what exactly are you looking for in terms of superiority?
my main concern is the picture & sound quality improvement... i mean we all know that R1 can be had with much cheaper price then having import. so, if i want to import some movies, they might as well superior in many if not ALL aspects (pic, sound, extra)

& i'm only interested in R3 NTSC so far....

i've looked around the 16:9/DTS list, but it doesn't guarantee anything regarding picture & sound quality....
i rather rely on member's review/experience on the disc

& thank you for answering those questions
Old 02-21-04, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

oh, also... does anybody know if R3 Resident Evil SE DTS is better than R1?
does the picture suffer at all from DTS track? or is it better/worse than R1 superbit?

thanx
Old 02-21-04, 11:24 PM

does the picture suffer at all from DTS track? or is it better/worse than R1 superbit?

thanx
I have the R3 Resident Evil disc, its comparable to the R1 superbit in quality, picture is very good and the DTS track featured on both discs is incredible sounding...
Old 02-21-04, 11:34 PM

thanx
From a comparison I saw, the R3 Resident Evil SE DTS is just R1 regular PLUS the dts track. If you want the best picture possible, go with superbit.
Old 02-21-04, 11:41 PM

thanx
Both Dances With Wolves set are pretty good

The 2 disc version is the same with the R1 dts version that is OOP now

The 4 disc director's cut is almost on par with the Japanese set. But consider this is only $32, it is well worth the money. Besides, the packaging is real leather. I have the Japanese version.

Other titles that I can think of.... perhaps R3 Finding Nemo, with the same extras PLUS the dts 6.1 track, but lose the fullscreen
Old 02-22-04, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

just want to say thank you for both of you Brett C & chucky7 for great feedback on my Resident Evil dilema
i might wait for R1 better release of the movie (again, they usually do that to promote their coming sequel)

& regarding Dances with wolves... i must say i am very tempted with this deluxe set. but the $32 seems kind of too much ($40 including shipping for 1 movie)... but seems like i might get it anyway... eventually

thanx all for the feedback
Old 02-23-04, 07:22 AM

BlackBeauty, if you want the Dances with Wolves set, grab it. It's worth it. They're also pretty much completely gone in Korean stores so they'll be gone from websites as well pretty soon.
Old 02-23-04, 10:04 AM

The Korean Total Recall, red/orange cover, is a reissue/repress. It was out last year with a 3D Cover. I have it and the latest R2J DTS versions but haven't compared the two. I'll have to do that since I compared the two R1s and R2 France versions for dvdbeaver.com a while back.
Old 02-23-04, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

does those R3 can be played on R1 player?

no, i'm not asking the superbits....

but titles like dances with wolves deluxe set, total recall, resident evil dts & such...

thanx
Old 02-23-04, 06:59 PM
Banned

does those R3 can be played on R1 player?

no, i'm not asking the superbits....

but titles like dances with wolves deluxe set, total recall, resident evil dts & such...

thanx
No, they cannot. You need a region free player.