Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

R2 Japenese Short Movie "03+" question.

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-03, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maaya Sakamoto, anime seiyu and j-pop star, has finally starred in her first live action (short) movie. When this was originally announced I could have sworn it was going to have english subs, but it seems that now it does not list them. Anyone know if it does in fact have eng. subs? I am hoping that CDJapan is wrong on this (they usually aren't though). If it doesn't anyone know of somebody is doing a sub script for it? I will be buying it regardless of the subs situation Maaya Sakamoto + Yoko Kanno, you can never go wrong with that combo.

mmmm Maaya

Edit: forgot the CDJapan link -

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VIBF-135

Last edited by fnordboy; 12-12-03 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-12-03, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I ordered this too, but it isn't coming until 12.17 when the rest of the stuff I ordered comes out. When I get it, I'll post here if you don't have an answer by then (and I remember). and if I think it's good, I may translate it.
Old 12-12-03, 01:23 PM

Originally posted by Crazy Aoshi
I ordered this too, but it isn't coming until 12.17 when the rest of the stuff I ordered comes out. When I get it, I'll post here if you don't have an answer by then (and I remember). and if I think it's good, I may translate it.
Great! Let me know how it is, I won't be able to order it until after the holidays since gifts are going to drain me

I hope you like it so it will get translated
Old 12-17-03, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's a very artsy type movie, all shot through some blue filter (well probably just added in post). It's not terribly difficult to understand. And also, there is an "international version" on the DVD, which is pretty much a cut down hard-English-subbed version without the song. Even though the international version is less than half the length of the normal version, it didn't really feel like it was missing much. I wouldn't have bothered with it if Maaya Sakamoto wasn't in it. But if there are more installments that she's in, I'll get them of course. Hopefully she'll do more typical stories instead of some artsy type movie where she says "thank you" a few times and that's about it.
Old 12-17-03, 09:07 PM

Originally posted by Crazy Aoshi
It's a very artsy type movie, all shot through some blue filter (well probably just added in post). It's not terribly difficult to understand. And also, there is an "international version" on the DVD, which is pretty much a cut down hard-English-subbed version without the song. Even though the international version is less than half the length of the normal version, it didn't really feel like it was missing much. I wouldn't have bothered with it if Maaya Sakamoto wasn't in it. But if there are more installments that she's in, I'll get them of course. Hopefully she'll do more typical stories instead of some artsy type movie where she says "thank you" a few times and that's about it.
Thanks. I am definitely ordering this as soon as I can. I am hoping she does more straight-forward movies as well.

Thanks again!