Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Any dvdtalkers, live in Brazil?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-03, 01:43 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking to buy the soon to be released X-FIles dvd set in the filing cabinet as well as the simpsons dvd box set, they are only released in Brazil, is there any members here who live in Brazil that can pick them up for me. I will pay immideately buy paypal.

Or are there any stores in the US (or ship to the US) where there sites are in eglish to order these dvd's
Old 11-25-03, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I would be interested in this info too, that X-Files cabinet is awesome looking.
Old 11-25-03, 03:04 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

yeah I have a guy that gets me all the exlcusive packaged sets from Korea and HK ( BoB, LOTr tin, hellsing gun sets, among others) and he is trying to get someone in Brazil to order this for us, if he can I will post it here, I am trying to get him to join dvdtalk to post all of sets, and help people get Korean sets quick and easy.

now if I could just get the MIB 2 dvd metal case set from Japan for less than $90 I would be a happy man
Old 11-25-03, 04:20 PM

Originally posted by Corky Roxbury
yeah I have a guy that gets me all the exlcusive packaged sets from Korea and HK ( BoB, LOTr tin, hellsing gun sets, among others) and he is trying to get someone in Brazil to order this for us, if he can I will post it here, I am trying to get him to join dvdtalk to post all of sets, and help people get Korean sets quick and easy.

now if I could just get the MIB 2 dvd metal case set from Japan for less than $90 I would be a happy man
Does he have a way to get the Hellsing gun sets anymore???
Old 11-25-03, 05:52 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

yeah he is from Wisconsin, but is teaching children to speak in english ina private school in korea, but a friend of his lives in HK, and she is buying the Hellsing gun set for me this week for $85 plus shipping and then she is also getting me the x-2 tin, send me an email at solidsnake1996(no spam)@hotmail.com
and can see if he can get you anything
remove the no spam

He just sent me a box with the Hulk 3 disc set, Blood:the last vampire box set, dance with wolves in the leather case. and the BoB set, lotr tin, memories of murder LE set, I should have them this week

I posted in the thread about making a cd-rom drive region free, but noone responded yet, so I will ask it here, does that program, offer pal-ntsc conversion?
Old 11-25-03, 06:45 PM

yeah he is from Wisconsin, but is teaching children to speak in english ina private school in korea, but a friend of his lives in HK, and she is buying the Hellsing gun set for me this week for $85 plus shipping and then she is also getting me the x-2 tin, send me an email at solidsnake1996(no spam)@hotmail.com
and can see if he can get you anything
remove the no spam

He just sent me a box with the Hulk 3 disc set, Blood:the last vampire box set, dance with wolves in the leather case. and the BoB set, lotr tin, memories of murder LE set, I should have them this week

I posted in the thread about making a cd-rom drive region free, but noone responded yet, so I will ask it here, does that program, offer pal-ntsc conversion?
I have to think about the Hellsing, I will email you.

I don't know for sure what program you are referring to, but as far as PAL > NTSC conversion on a computer it shouldn't be an issue, your computer should play it fine.

And I am guessing that you meant to say DVD-rom not CD-rom.
Old 11-25-03, 07:36 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

yeah I meant dvd-rom drive, I do not know the name of the program but the thread is at the top(sticky) of int. talk
Old 11-25-03, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can I see a picture of that X-Files filing cabinet set or the Hellsing gun set anywhere?
Old 11-26-03, 12:20 AM

Originally posted by Fandango
Can I see a picture of that X-Files filing cabinet set or the Hellsing gun set anywhere?
X-Files: http://www.heroi.com.br/verfoto.asp?...59538_4_gd.jpg

(from the thread in DVDTalk: http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread....hreadid=331526 )
Old 11-26-03, 12:29 AM

How much is the X-Files set, I can not convert the prices I have found correctly?
Old 11-26-03, 04:13 AM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

yeah either can I, fnordboy, when I use xe.com it says .42 cents, that woudl be great thoug , do you think the filing cabinet is metal, from the pics, the handles look metal, so I would think if they were metal than than the whole case woul dhave to be. If it is, I will fly to Brazil just to get it

fandango just go to ebay and type in hellsing you will see them, they are sweet they feel and weigh like real guns
Old 11-26-03, 10:13 AM

yeah either can I, fnordboy, when I use xe.com it says .42 cents, that woudl be great thoug , do you think the filing cabinet is metal, from the pics, the handles look metal, so I would think if they were metal than than the whole case woul dhave to be. If it is, I will fly to Brazil just to get it
That is the price I got as well, doubt it's correct.

I don't know if it is metal or not. I wouldn't think so, but it sure as hell looks like it is in the mock up. Shipping is going to be a bitch on this item. Are the Brazilian releases of the X-Files the same size as the US releases? Right now I only have S1 in US, and I don't know which one I might finish, though since the Brazilian comes with a number of them I most likely will finish them off.
Old 11-26-03, 10:47 AM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

yeah it does look like amock up if it is metal, it might be cheaper to fly to brazil to pick it up

but on that website it looks like if we buy mulitples they give quite a discount, so far I am defiantely in, and so is my buddy from Korea, and if you want one, that would be three sets, I am sure we can get a company to ship them to us. Now we just need to figure out how to get this set.
Old 11-26-03, 10:52 AM

1291 Brasilian money (BRL?) is about 427,71 USD.
Old 11-26-03, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by Yocke
1291 Brasilian money (BRL?) is about 427,71 USD.
Thanks, that is what I was figuring it was.
Old 11-26-03, 11:27 AM

yeah it does look like amock up if it is metal, it might be cheaper to fly to brazil to pick it up

but on that website it looks like if we buy mulitples they give quite a discount, so far I am defiantely in, and so is my buddy from Korea, and if you want one, that would be three sets, I am sure we can get a company to ship them to us. Now we just need to figure out how to get this set.
I need to seriously think about this now. I will definitely let you know.
Old 11-26-03, 11:32 AM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

so it is $427, it seems alot better at 42 cents

I would much rather get just the case empty, but if you think about it would be more than $500 just firt the x-files sets that come with this set. but with this purchase you have to pay for it all at once, I wonder how much it is for 3 sets, on that site it looked like if you ordered 10 sets they were half off, that would be a killer deal then,

I am trying to get someone to build a gaming pc, so unless I can get just the box or a killer deal, I will have to wait a couple of months, hopefully it will still be available.

and I just ordered city of god box set from HK, and some more anime box sets.
Old 12-09-03, 02:52 PM

Jesus, that cabinet is beautiful. If I had the cash, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

How much would they come to with the volume discount? I'm a friend of fnordboy, and he told me about this thread.

It's a beauty. (The set, not fnordboy. He's scary. )
Old 12-09-03, 04:16 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

gary, the one sit that I first saw this at looked like if we could order more than 11 of then they would be 50% percent off!!, if you wanted one, and me, and fnordboy, plus I have another member that would buy one, now we just need 7 more members to buy them.

OT what happened to fnordboy, why did he get suspended, I would not think he would act up, he is just an anime geek
Old 12-10-03, 05:17 AM

gary, the one sit that I first saw this at looked like if we could order more than 11 of then they would be 50% percent off!!, if you wanted one, and me, and fnordboy, plus I have another member that would buy one, now we just need 7 more members to buy them.

OT what happened to fnordboy, why did he get suspended, I would not think he would act up, he is just an anime geek
What would shipping on one of these run? Gotta say 1/2 sounds interesting but...
Old 12-10-03, 09:36 AM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

it all depends on whether it is truly a metal filing cabinet or a cardboard one.
Old 12-11-03, 10:16 AM

I think the only way I could even think about affording this is if we were able to get a discount as good as that or better.

Hey! I resemble that remark!

I did something stupid and the mods did what they are supposed to do, no biggie.
Old 12-11-03, 03:31 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

yeah we need to try and contact that company and see how much they will sell them to use in a group

we will have the first dvd powerbuy
Old 12-12-03, 07:50 PM

Ooh... the "Powerbuy". Me likey!

Quick question; Do we need eleven people, or a dozen total? I'm just asking because you said "more than eleven". Just wondering.

If we can round up seven more people, and can confirm the cabinet is metal and not cardboard, I'm in. :tu:

(fingers crossed that it's metal...)

EDIT: I was just thinking that the photo of the cabinet is the typical, 3/4 angle promo shot, which leads me to belive that it might be touched up and not the final product.

I'm going to try and find another picture of the set.

Last edited by GaryEA; 12-12-03 at 07:54 PM.
Old 12-12-03, 08:22 PM

Originally posted by GaryEA
EDIT: I was just thinking that the photo of the cabinet is the typical, 3/4 angle promo shot, which leads me to belive that it might be touched up and not the final product.

I'm going to try and find another picture of the set.
I have thought from day one that it was a computer generated pic. I do not think that is the set at all. I am hoping it is metal, but I don't know.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.