International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

City of God R3

Old 09-11-03, 04:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by zwuncki
i wasn´t sarcastic

ok i meant englich dubbed, but as the HK DVD´s i quite cheap and no extras it was a stupid question to asked. sorry ....

as i said i´ll go for the german, as there isn´t just portog. on it but german too

but i think most of the people watch english or any language they understand, so i think the answer would / was interessting to more people than just me.
I live in Finland and here we don't dub anything, but I'm also very lucky to have two german TV-channels available...Perhaps because you are so used to it, you actually understand how GREAT IT SOUNDS.

Actually It's fun to compare same TV-series from finnish and german channels, without and with dubbing. With german dubbing the actors' voices are so alike and that lip/voice sync is just UNBELIEVABLE. Everything just seems come to life!

It's so unfortunate that I have to read pesky subs when watching foreign programs from finnish TV. It's also regrettable that in Finland people are forced to learn English from TV-programs, because they J-U-S-T won't dub them.

It's hard to live under oppression, but I have seen the light. I'm going to learn german so that I don't ever have to watch films and other programs with those horrible foreign languages again...besides german of course.

Last edited by IsoArska; 09-12-03 at 12:28 AM.
Old 09-11-03, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

...I have no idea what sort of oppression you are referring to....but it is true...IT IS UNBELIEVABLE....
(I had the opportunity to see ALL THAT JAZZ in German....years ago....and once was enough....pathetic)!!

good luck watching CHICAGO dubbed in German.....should be a terrific experience!!
Old 09-11-03, 11:10 AM

Just tried to be sarcastic...
Old 09-11-03, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

me too......welcome to the forum....nice to have you here!!
Old 09-12-03, 11:22 AM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by pro-bassoonist
...I have no idea what sort of oppression you are referring to....but it is true...IT IS UNBELIEVABLE....
(I had the opportunity to see ALL THAT JAZZ in German....years ago....and once was enough....pathetic)!!

good luck watching CHICAGO dubbed in German.....should be a terrific experience!!
thats why i watch series just in english ( and movies in english, or if no english sound on the dvd german). but look at other countries. to me german is quite good at syncron. (you cant´compare most of the movies with series. they are quite bad. well more than that. buffy in german. pahhh that´s ruins the hole show) look at the english syncros LOL

but that´s offtopic now.
Old 09-12-03, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

....this is getting way off topic here since we are suppose to be discussing CITY OF GOD...however....

I agree with most of the remarks that have been pointed out.....(even the sarcasm was pretty decent)....

I own a library of quite a few French films and not a single one of them is dubbed in English (only)...and there is NO WAY I would ever want to hear J.Binoche's voice dubbed in English (unless she speaks English-"Damage")....or E.Beart, or I.Huppert, or Audrey....or...Deneuve....or whoever else......PERIOD!!

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 09-12-03 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-12-03, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by pro-bassoonist
... and there is NO WAY I would ever want to hear J.Binoche's voice dubbed (unless she speaks English-"Damage")....or E.Beart, or I.Huppert, or Audrey....or...Deneuve....or whoever else......PERIOD!!
What if it was Emmanuelle Beart, dubbed with the voice of Juliette Binoche speaking English? What a spot!
Old 09-15-03, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Bah! CDWow is saying the r3 is now out of stock... guess I'll have to wait a few more days.

Oh well, better than a few more months, I suppose.
Old 09-16-03, 05:25 AM

City of God on varmaankin hyvä leffa. Ainakin se on saanut IMDB:ssä hyvät arviot.

(This message was dubbed in finnish.)

(Couldn't resist - Stopping OT now.)
Old 09-16-03, 07:20 AM

Originally posted by DonnachaOne
Bah! CDWow is saying the r3 is now out of stock... guess I'll have to wait a few more days.

Oh well, better than a few more months, I suppose.
http://us.yesasia.com has it for $11.99. Shipping is a little steep unless you order $40-$45 worth of stuff though, but then it's free!