Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Is there a place where I can rent Korean DVDs in Maryland?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 08-23-03, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to know if anybody knows a place where I can rent Korean DVDs (does not matter what region) in Maryland -- N. Potomac-Rockville area. Thanks!
Old 08-23-03, 11:26 PM

Re: Is there a place where I can rent Korean DVDs in Maryland?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tali219
[B]I just wanted to know if anybody knows a place where I can rent Korean DVDs (does not matter what region) in Maryland -- N. Potomac-Rockville area. Thanks!

WHAT ?????

Oh,hang on,how about renting Australian DVD`s in the U.K. ??
NOT !!!!
Old 08-24-03, 12:16 AM

Wow. It amazes me how evil people's respones are. Why be so vicious? Do you live in MD Barry? Do you know if there are places to rent Korean DVDs? If not than what was the purpose of your response?

As a matter of fact there ARE some places. I live in Catonsville, MD and there is an Asian Market store called HanAhRheum where I have seen Korean movies. There is a video store in Columbia that also rents Korean DVDs. Although I don't know the name of it as it is written in Korean. Heh. Unfortunately Tali219 these really aren't close to the Potomic-Rockville area however.

Last edited by Bilbo Baggins; 08-24-03 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-24-03, 01:45 AM

Well I don't think you'll find a place that rents Korean dvds. I mean most people still watch Korean programming/movies via VHS. They rarely care if the movies they're watching is in proper aspect ratio, DTS surround sound, etc. I know there are several places that rents Korean VHS though if you're interested.
Old 08-24-03, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

bilbo bagins.....

look at my post in the R1/R2 thread....could not agree more...
Old 08-24-03, 10:33 PM

Thank you Bilbo Baggins for the advice. Too bad those areas aren't near Potomac or Rockville.

If you live in Potomac or Rockville, you wouldn't even wonder at the irony of my question since there a lot of Koreans living here and there are so many Korean establishments here that you would think one would sell or rent DVDs. I would think that Lote (a big Korean store) would at least carry some DVDs.

Anyhow, just wanted to try asking since I know if there is any DVD question, the only solution is DVDTalk!
Old 08-26-03, 08:35 AM

I'd also suggest trying the big grocery stores, they might have video section. What's the name of the one at Veirs Mill and Randolph? Probably better luck in NoVa (the Annandale area) as it has a much larger Korean population but more Chinese in Montgomery County.
There is a little Korean (I think) grocery store in Twinbrook you might want to also check, next to the Bamboo.

Last edited by dleedlee; 08-26-03 at 08:39 AM.
Old 08-26-03, 04:18 PM

Originally posted by dleedlee
I'd also suggest trying the big grocery stores, they might have video section. What's the name of the one at Veirs Mill and Randolph?
That's Korean Korner. I know they have VHS but haven't been there in a couple of years since I moved over to Manassas.

I also second the Annandale suggestion. Sure, its a good 45 minutes from Rockville and there's all that traffic, but if you find yourself near Annandale you will see 80% of the businesses are Korean. Bookstores, movie stores, everything. I know there is a rental place with lots of DVDs because I browsed the aisles just last Saturday. I don't remember the name, but if you are interested I'm sure my wife will remember.
Old 08-26-03, 05:37 PM

Man these new members. He has total of only 3 post and one of them is to bash other members.
Can we just be nice and help other member when they have a question?
Old 08-26-03, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by CoolIce
Man these new members. He has total of only 3 post and one of them is to bash other members.
Can we just be nice and help other member when they have a question?
I agree. And they should also be banned.
Old 02-20-05, 05:03 PM

Washington Dc Metro Area

There's an online korean DVD rental site that's located in VA so it's super-fast shipping in the DC metro area. Selections good, price good, timing good =)

Check out: www.koreaflix.com
Old 02-20-05, 07:47 PM

That looks like a great resource. Too bad I am already signed up with 2 internet rental services. Maybe when I get through my queue for my curent Korean/R3 service, I'll switch on over. Or, if Koreaflix has a more extenisve selection, I'll switch earlier. Goodness knows the turnaround will be quicker if, as you say, they ship out of Virginia.
Old 02-22-05, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by HAROOx81
There's an online korean DVD rental site that's located in VA so it's super-fast shipping in the DC metro area. Selections good, price good, timing good =)

Check out: www.koreaflix.com
Thanks for the info - might have to check it out.
Old 02-22-05, 05:19 PM

nice, koreaflix is right down the street from where i work. might have to drop by and check them out.