Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Wedding Banquet Original Aspect Ratio, anyone with LD?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-03, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if anyone knew what is the OAR of Wedding Banquet the movie directed by Ang Lee? Is it 1.66:1? I was wondering if the people with this laser disc could tell me what is the ratio on their LD? I got the new Taiwanese DVD of Wedding Banquet and contrary to what etailers and the box says, it's not Fullscreen it has an aspect ratio of 1.66:1. I'm hoping that's the OAR but I think for some reason it's probably cropped. The DVD has burned in Chinese subtitles for the whole movie and it doesn't have any English subs. The DVD is single layer and quality is not all that good but it's the only available DVD so far. I also got Pushing hands as well but it is Fullscreen and has the same specs as Wedding Banquet. Whata a shame. I wonder when the R1 for Weddin Banquet is going to come out. Well, thanx for any help.
Old 08-01-03, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
The laserdisc was about the same (I think it's officially listed as 1.75:1). If the DVD is non-anamorphic, it was probably taken from the old LD master.
Old 08-01-03, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thank you, it's non-anamorphic.