Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Warner announce The Chaplin Collection REGION 2

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 07-19-03, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

taken from www.dvdtimes.co.uk

CLICK ON THE LINK FOR ARTWORK

Warner Home Video, in conjunction with MK2 have announced the UK Region 2 DVD release of The Chaplin Collection in various guises for 22nd September 2003. Available for the first time on R2 DVD these releases feature fully restored picture and sound giving you an experience even better than the original theatrical presentation.

Further to that each DVD also features a wealth of newly created bonus materials including one of a kind documentaries taking you behind the scenes and into the personal life of a legend with rare footage, outtakes and interviews.

The full collection line-up is: The Great Dictator, Modern Times, The Gold Rush, Limelight, The Kid, Monsieur Verdoux, The Circus, and City Lights. Each of these titles will be available individually at a retail price of 22.99.

The Collection will also be available in two separate box sets, each offering a bonus title/s, or as a special 10-feature box set including the bonus titles found in the two separate boxes - A Woman of Paris/A King in New York bonus movies and the new documentary Charlie: The Life and Art of Charles Chaplin. Retail is 69.99 on the half-box sets, and 139.99 on the full 10-feature box set.

This is fantastic news: I shall be picking up the following

the gold rush
modern times
city lights
the great dictator

and maybe the kid

I can't wait - looks like the presentation will be excellent.
Old 07-20-03, 10:35 PM

I hope they dont do the same with R1 , as I already bought the first volume.
Old 07-22-03, 11:40 PM

so are they going to release all dvds in region 1 as well, with an extra bonus disc if you buy the entire box set after theyve all been released?
Old 07-23-03, 12:40 AM

I don't think Warner own the USA rights. Warner distribute for many people in Europe (ie Canal+ for the new 2 disc SE of The Deer Hunter).

Doesn't mean the discs will appear in the USA.
Old 08-18-03, 04:27 PM

it will interesting to see if the region 2 dvds offer better pic quality due to the current region 1s having blurred images from pal to ntsc conversions AND the speedups.