Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Where can I buy 24: Season 1, Region 2 Edition?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-03, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I already own the first season of 24 on region 1 DVD. However, being a huge fan of this TV series and upon hearing of the superiority of the region 2 DVD edition (added footage, cooler menu design), I have decided to purchase the first season of 24 on region 2 DVD. Does anybody here have this edition (doubtful), and if so, where did you buy it? If you don't own this, could you help me find a store, preferably online, where I could buy this at? I've already searched eBay, but that didn't produce any results.

On a last note, I live in the United States. Thank you in advance!
Old 07-05-03, 05:00 PM

i live in the united states also, and i purchased it from amazon.co.uk
Old 07-05-03, 05:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no, we get the added footage too.
http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000081467
Old 07-05-03, 05:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try www.blackstar.co.uk and make sure you follow the DVD Talk link to give some cash back to this site.

You could also wait until August 11th. On that day for 24 hours only, you'll be able to get a special limited edition double pack of Seasons 1 and 2 of 24.
Old 07-05-03, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gilgamesh 1082, he/she already has season 1.
Old 07-05-03, 05:21 PM

Rypro 525, he/she already has Season 1 on R1 DVD, but also wants it on R2 because of the added scenes.

Originally posted by metaridley
I already own the first season of 24 on region 1 DVD. However, being a huge fan of this TV series and upon hearing of the superiority of the region 2 DVD edition (added footage, cooler menu design), I have decided to purchase the first season of 24 on region 2 DVD. Does anybody here have this edition (doubtful), and if so, where did you buy it? If you don't own this, could you help me find a store, preferably online, where I could buy this at? I've already searched eBay, but that didn't produce any results.

On a last note, I live in the United States. Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Gilgamesh1082; 07-05-03 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-05-03, 05:26 PM

whats this 24 hour only double limited edition set you speak of? legit promo or cruel joke? sounds fishy to me but if its real, link me.

at 24:01 does it turn into a pumpkin?
Old 07-05-03, 05:50 PM
Rest in Peace

Rypro525 beat me I would say Blackstar for R2 PAL, I just sent for "The Dam Busters" Michael Redgrave R2. True story using skipping bombs on the lakes created by the dams, which would explode and the dam would breach. Used by the UK during World War 2 cost $12.99 Industry Standard.

P.S. The reason I go for forign PAL DVD is my JVC XVS500 has x, y, scaling for PAL and can make a LBX into a anamorphic without using the zoom. I trade for forign discs all the time because of the superior modification of my Hardware Progressive Scan DVD players I.C.O.S. (Intelligent Code Operating System) modification to see PAL as NTSC and anamorphic. I bought it in the USA
already done by experts in their field, 212 discs so far R2 and R4 that I am happy to own.
Old 07-05-03, 06:45 PM

Thank you for the replies thus far (and just to solve the identity issue, I am a man).

Sorry for the confusing message, Rypro...too many number 1's and 2's, eh? I want to buy the REGION 2 edition of 24's first season, and I am looking for a place to purchase it from. I have every intention of buying the second season on DVD as well, however, according to advance reports, this time all of the editions are the same. Which means, I'm only buying the region 1 edition, and I won't have to shell out money for any other superior versions! Glad to see an excellent DVD release for season 2.

Anyway, I checked out the prices for the region 2 DVD at amazon and blackstar. Blackstar's price converted to roughly 68 dollars, while amazon's converted to about 55 dollars. The price difference is pretty significant, although I am surprised that these stores are not offering it for the same price as the region 1 DVD (around 45 dollars). Is there any store that anybody can think of that might offer it for less?

Although Blackstar is a pretty expensive and Amazon's is still a bit pricey (this isn't even figuring in shipping and handling costs), I may end up going with one of these two stores unless I can find another choice. Since this is the very first non-region 1 DVD I am buying, I'm just trying to make sure I don't waste any unnecessary money that could be spent on...other DVDs.
Old 07-05-03, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

CD-WOW.net and .com sell the UK Reg 2 versions of 24.

http://www2.cd-wow.net/detail_result...duct_code=4926

$45.95 delivered.

Last edited by Squirrel God; 07-05-03 at 10:23 PM.
Old 07-06-03, 05:52 AM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

does anyone know for a fact if the R2 season 2 will be in 5.1, and we will only get 2.0
Old 07-06-03, 10:10 AM

Originally posted by WestEndRiot
whats this 24 hour only double limited edition set you speak of? legit promo or cruel joke? sounds fishy to me but if its real, link me.

at 24:01 does it turn into a pumpkin?
Oh its very real. I made a thread on it already over on the International board. You can find it here.

I found this info on the R2 Project site.

You can find the original article here.

Last edited by Gilgamesh1082; 07-06-03 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-06-03, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally posted by metaridley
Anyway, I checked out the prices for the region 2 DVD at amazon and blackstar. Blackstar's price converted to roughly 68 dollars, while amazon's converted to about 55 dollars. The price difference is pretty significant, although I am surprised that these stores are not offering it for the same price as the region 1 DVD (around 45 dollars).
Keep in mind also that if ordering from the US, Amazon.co.uk will deduct VAT, so the actual price will be cheaper than what is listed on the site for British customers. Blackstar does not deduct VAT.

I would recommend Amazon over Blackstar.
Old 07-07-03, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey man,

I was in the EXACT same position as you were. I bought the 24 season 1 R1 (I'm in the states). Then I heard about the R2 and the extra scenes, better menu, better packaging, chapter stops, etc. So, I decided to sell my region 1 24 set and buy the R2.

A MUCH better bang for your buck! I got mine at amazon UK as well. It's really a much superior set over the R1, and I don't even understand why that is.
Old 07-07-03, 05:35 PM

Hey Pac Man, glad to hear that I'm not the only one who's having this dilemma. Evidently, the CD-WOW price is the cheapest, and the exact amount I was hoping to pay for it - $45. Thank you Squirrel God for that info! However, upon hearing more concerning the combined season 1/season 2 region 2 DVD release of 24, I'm starting to wonder if that might be the sweetest deal of all. However, besides the fact that having two editions of the first and second seasons of 24 would be great for a collector like me, I can't see any real advantage to this deal, unless the region 2 is somehow better than the region 1 for the second season (which I hear it's not).

Hmmm...I'll need some time to think about this. Talk to you guys in...twenty four? (A magnificent sarcastic laughter erupts through the forums.)
Old 07-07-03, 08:30 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

where can I but the limited edition 24 season 1 and two sets and how much does it cost in us dollars.
Old 07-07-03, 08:46 PM

Here's the answer to your question, Corky. Just click on the first link.

Originally posted by Gilgamesh1082
Oh its very real. I made a thread on it already over on the International board. You can find it here.

I found this info on the R2 Project site.

You can find the original article here.