International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

28 Days Later (R2)

Old 04-14-03, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
28 Days Later (R2)

Anyone else picking this up in May? This, among many others, pushed me into buying a Cyberhome player a few days ago. I love that we can have this on DVD before a US theatrical date is even announced.

A good amount of extras, too:

* Commentary w/ Danny Boyle and Alex Garland (has he given up writing novels to do screenplays?)
* Storyboard alternate ending
* 8 deleted scenes with optional commentary
* 'Pure Rage: The Making of 28 Days Later'
* Jacknife Lee music video
* Stills gallery with commentary
* Polaroid gallery with commentary
* Animated storyboards
* Teaser and theatrical trailers

I ordered through Blackstar since they had a special deal when you buy this and The Bunker (another one I've been reeeeally wanting to see); the downside is that they ship together, so I have to wait until mid-May for the Bunker even though it's released next week. Not a huge problem, though... I ordered a bunch of other stuff from DDDHouse and Poker Industries today, too.
Old 04-14-03, 10:15 PM

i've been really interested in this one, i might just have to go for it! the bunker also looks awesome!
Old 04-14-03, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Man, i saw this and loved it, nothing like end of the world,zombie-ish, new world scenario movies to me. Im sure this disc will be anamorphic so the pic will be strecthed a little on my player since it doesnt do PAL anamorphic right but this movie might make me get another player.
Old 04-15-03, 08:43 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
this and "My Little Eye" are my next two DVD's from the UK - woohoo! The word for the US theatrical release of "28 Days Later" sometime in the summer.
Old 04-15-03, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm definitely going to buy "28 Days Later", but I must say that "The Bunker", which I watched on DVD a week ago, was somewhat lackluster. Having Nazis as the main characters is an interesting idea, but the potential of the supernatural aspects of the story went largely unrealized, perhaps due to budgetary constraints. I expected something in the vein of Carpenter's "The Thing" and got a minor thriller with a rather forced atmosphere of dread.
Old 04-15-03, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

this and "My Little Eye" are my next two DVD's from the UK - woohoo!
I definitely want to check this one out, too, but I can wait since a friend ordered it recently. Don't want to splurge toooo much!
Old 04-16-03, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

SWEET!!! I'm definetly picking this up especially since they moved the US release date until like later summer/early Fall!
Old 04-17-03, 07:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 315 Likes on 229 Posts
I have it pre-ordered also, can't wait to get it!!!
Old 04-17-03, 10:18 AM

Originally posted by Heliosphann
SWEET!!! I'm definetly picking this up especially since they moved the US release date until like later summer/early Fall!
BTW, there's a great trailer for "28 Days Later" before "House of 1000 Corpses" - very minimalist, little actual footage from the film.

Oh then of course I was over at Borders, checking out Fangoria, and I noticed that "My Little Eye" also just announced for a summer US release.
Old 04-17-03, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 315 Likes on 229 Posts
My copy of the Bunker shipped today!! Can't wait to see that one aslo!
Old 04-17-03, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is My Little Eye the same as The Eye by the Pang Brothers? If so, that's got a June 13 US release date.

28 Days Later has a US release date of June 27, 2003.

Jeremy
Old 04-17-03, 01:12 PM

no, "My Little Eye" is this movie:
http://us.imdb.com/Details?0280969

Distributor Universal Focus is mentioned as the US distributor, but no release date as been given, Fango's website doesn't mention one, but I thought I saw it mentioned in the print edition...