Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Hitcher- 2 disc set! Region 2! Damn!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-03, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On some Region 2 sites this was posted but here's a link to Creature Corner that had the story also, sucks that i have to search for this, anyone know if theres even a chance of this coming to the US? Here's a link- http://www.creature-corner.com/dvd/apr14hitcher.php3
Old 04-14-03, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I heard about this sweet set on HorrorDVDs some months back and, believe it or not, this is what finally pushed me into getting a region-free player.

Well, that and the fact that Cyberhome's players were selling for $50 at Best Buy!
Old 04-14-03, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Crumbs, let me ask you, have you tried PAL discs on this player, getting the correct aspect ratio and all? I have a region free player but anamorphic PAL discs dont look widescreen on my Daewoo, not too big a deal becasue i have only a few Region 2 PALS but i might get another one for PAl playback if it works good at that cheap a price.
Old 04-14-03, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have the CH 402 and it does do anamorphic PAL DVDs correctly, regardless of what you read elsewhere True, I'm watching DVDs on a 4x3 set, but I know what an unsqueezed (or for that matter over-squeezed) image would like...

However, and this is a small quibble, I am a little disappointed at the added film grain which the CH player generates on EVERY disk: NTSC, PAL, anamorphic and not. It's only distracting in dark shots/night time scenes, but in side by side comparisons with R1 NTSC disks against my other player, a Toshiba SD-3109, the Toshiba wins hands-down. Perhaps this what some reviewers are talking about when they mention the "video-like" appearance of disks played on CH players...

Still, I am VERY pleased with my CH player overall. Best $50 bucks I ever spent. I am now free to buy the best disks available of the movies I love from anywhere in the world. And if eventually my non-R1 collection gets large enough, I'll spring for a more expensive player then.
Old 04-27-03, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice looking cover.

Old 04-27-03, 12:40 PM
Banned

Wow. June 30th cannot get here soon enough.

Can anyone recommend a good pre-order site that ships to the U.S. in speedy fashion?
Old 04-27-03, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Amazon UK is always a good choice.
Old 04-28-03, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

In my experience, Blackstar will often ship several days early so that you'll receive the DVD on or very soon after the actual UK street date.
Old 04-29-03, 06:44 AM

Early review:
http://www.dvdbulletin.co.uk/reviews/204/
Old 06-09-03, 06:21 PM

I have just reviewed this disc as well, and it is pretty good. If anyone is interested my review can be found here:

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=2&c=735

BTW the release date has now slipped back to July 14th.
Old 06-10-03, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by welshboy
I have just reviewed this disc as well, and it is pretty good.

Obviously I’m pleased Momentum are releasing this but it’s worth noting that the disc is a direct port of the German edition and is not originated from the ground up by Momentum. I seriously doubt they would have bothered had there not been this version already in existence.
Old 06-10-03, 04:45 PM

CD-WOW.net has this up for pre-order for $21.95 which includes shipping (this price is with the $1.00 off you get going through the MasterCard link). They had a July release date posted as I recall.
Michael

P.S. For the MasterCard link look at the CD-WOW thread on this forum.
Old 06-13-03, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From the search I've done, CD-WOW does appear to have the cheapest price. Anyone find a better one?

Also, any "first time" user coupons for any other sites? As I'm fairly new to the all-region world, I'm a first time user almost everywhere!