Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Misery: SE...reviews???

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Misery: SE...reviews???

Old 04-11-03, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talk about being an arrogant *******! Reread the first post, he's specifically asking about the R2 NTSC Japanese version of Misery SE. If you can't be of use, then move along to the next thread!!

He's the one being arrogant -anyone saying different must be blind. Maybe you are because he never 'specifically' asked for NTSC. Either way his comments about 'non-American' films are ridiculous and have no place in an international forum. It's almost trolling and doesn't give a very nice impression for non-American people visiting.
Old 04-11-03, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

...and if you read a bit further you will see that he made comments and ASKED about the difference of opinion.

NO ONE THREW OPINIONS IN THIS THREAD without being asked....other than the original post-er.

"I'm sort of notorious for HATING HATING HATING PAL speed up"
Old 04-11-03, 07:05 PM

Originally posted by Lucas
Talk about being an arrogant *******! Reread the first post, he's specifically asking about the R2 NTSC Japanese version of Misery SE. If you can't be of use, then move along to the next thread!!

He's the one being arrogant -anyone saying different must be blind. Maybe you are because he never 'specifically' asked for NTSC. Either way his comments about 'non-American' films are ridiculous and have no place in an international forum. It's almost trolling.

And again, there's no beef.
All Japanese DVDs are NTSC!!
Old 04-11-03, 07:08 PM

Originally posted by pro-bassoonist
...and if you read a bit further you will see that he made comments and ASKED about the difference of opinion.

NO ONE THREW OPINIONS IN THIS THREAD without being asked....other than the original post-er.

"I'm sort of notorious for HATING HATING HATING PAL speed up"
The way I interpreted his second post was that he was saying that he's not interested in hearing about the PAL versions. His "notorious" quote is him simply being light-hearted about his distaste for PAL. Surely you've read a few other comments from him about how he doesn't care for PAL. And he's entitled to his opinion.
Old 04-11-03, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Since he was the one pointing out towards FACTS...I can not interpret his posts in 100 different ways but other than judging them by what they indicate-facts!-hate of other formats.
Hate is a pretty strong and biased word, NO?

ok....enough

lets all agree to diasgree.

Good luck to all of you!

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 04-11-03 at 07:11 PM.
Old 04-11-03, 07:12 PM

Yes, and not all Europeans are French.

Incidentally, that picture is of the very very funny Iraqi Informationn Minister www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com (not working until tomorrow -although you can bypass the front page) and I compared him to the thread starter because he's said all sorts of stuff without any facts.

That in UK (not necessarily Europe or France or the USA) is called humo[u]r.
Old 04-11-03, 07:14 PM

Originally posted by pro-bassoonist
Since he was the one pointing out towards FACTS...I can not interpret his posts in 100 different ways but other than judging them by what they indicate-facts!-hate of other formats.
Hate is a pretty strong and biased word, NO?

ok....enough

lets all agree to diasgree.

Good luck to all of you!
Hate is just a word, not a cause for alarm.
Old 04-11-03, 07:18 PM

Originally posted by Lucas

Yes,
If you knew that already then why did you act like you didn't?

and not all Europeans are French.
Never implied they were. I just reacted to your apparent "French"-like attitude.

Incidentally, that picture is of the very very funny Iraqi Informationn Minister www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com (not working until tomorrow -although you can bypass the front page) and I compared him to the thread starter because he's said all sorts of stuff without any facts.

That in UK (not necessarily Europe or France or the USA) is called humo[u]r.
I don't find Hussein's evil regime funny.
Old 04-11-03, 07:23 PM

If you knew that already then why did you act like you didn't?

Because he never specified NTSC and I wasn't aware of his ignorant and arrogant history of hate against a disc format.

I just reacted to your apparent "French"-like attitude.

And you accuse me of arrogance.

I don't find Hussein's evil regime funny.

I don't find the USA's regime very funny either -but I do like laughing at them.
Old 04-12-03, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, always nice to see everyone getting along! What was the answer again to the original question?
Old 04-12-03, 04:20 AM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The speed-up issue and its implications has been discussed before at length: most recently here or here and I linked therein to two earlier discussions.

Clearly it attracts heated opinions on all sides and, as is common in such circumstances, there is considerably more heat than there is light.

What is less clear is where various DVD Talk members gained the impression that their own, dearly-held, prejudices opinions gave them the right to ride roughshod over our rules concerning acceptable behaviour.

Since the introduction of the relevant software, it has always been the case that the correct action to take in "threads gone bad" is to use the Report this Post link and then to step gracefully backwards and allow mods/admins to take however long is needed to deal with the matter....

.... rest assured that the entire sequence of posts will be subject to considerable scrutiny this weekend and that one probable outcome is that posting privileges will be suspended. Correspondence most certainly will not be entered into so, please, do fight the temptation and, er, have a nice day.

Benedict
Moderator, International DVD Talk
<small>[Edited, multiple times, for minor typographical errors!]</small>

Last edited by benedict; 04-17-03 at 02:41 PM.