Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Are R2 UK ECW DVDs censored??

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-03, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed on ebay that UK ECW DVDs are MUCH cheaper than R1 (which can go up to $24). But in the UK things have a tendency to get cut pretty often. So I ask, anyone know if they’re censored? Even if it’s 1 second cut IMO that means it’s no good anymore. Any info in appreciated, thanks.
Old 04-11-03, 03:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...erm... what is "ECW"...?...

. . . . . .
Old 04-11-03, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have "HeatWave '99" (which I was at BTW) and from what I remember, there are no cuts to it.
Old 04-11-03, 05:58 AM
Cool New Member

According to the BBFC site no cuts were made on any of the ECW titles.
Old 04-11-03, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by dablueguy
I have "HeatWave '99" (which I was at BTW) and from what I remember, there are no cuts to it.
don't you mean HeatWave 98? Regardless, being there or not you won’t exactly notice a 1 second cut or anything
Old 04-12-03, 01:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Class316
don't you mean HeatWave 98? Regardless, being there or not you won’t exactly notice a 1 second cut or anything
Actually I do mean "HeatWave '99" ('98 was released here in the U.S. by Pioneer), and what I was referring to was the match involving Jason and Jazz. Usually I hear of any type of violence towards women (by men) censored out of wrestling broadcasts and figured that would be a target. It should be noticable though if the matches were edited. Hope that helps.

P.S. : I was at "HeatWave '98" as well........
Old 04-12-03, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Actually I do mean "HeatWave '99" ('98 was released here in the U.S. by Pioneer), and what I was referring to was the match involving Jason and Jazz. Usually I hear of any type of violence towards women (by men) censored out of wrestling broadcasts and figured that would be a target. It should be noticable though if the matches were edited. Hope that helps.

P.S. : I was at "HeatWave '98" as well........
so you're in the US and you get UK ECW DVDs?
Old 04-13-03, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought "HeatWave '99" primarily because I was there and had to re-live the Dudley's rip on the crowd....especially the young girl and her mom in the front row! Anyway, there are about half a dozen ECW releases in the U.S. and more than twice that in the U.K. With the domestic rights to the footage tied up in bankruptcy court, the U.K. releases are the way to go right now especially since most of them are complete shows as opposed to 'best-ofs'.

What's an ECW fan to do?
Old 04-13-03, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

the U.K. releases are the way to go right now especially since most of them are complete shows as opposed to 'best-ofs'
Umm…you mean all the R1 PPVs like Barely Legal, Heatwave 98, etc etc are best ofs?? I know some like Hardcore History and Best of Cactus Jack are Best ofs. But all the others???
Old 04-15-03, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Class316
Umm…you mean all the R1 PPVs like Barely Legal, Heatwave 98, etc etc are best ofs?? I know some like Hardcore History and Best of Cactus Jack are Best ofs. But all the others???

Umm....no need to get testy about it. You're the one who was asking about the R2 discs. All that I know is that most all of the the R1 discs are the PPV's and best-ofs . In R2 you can get all those and older stuff (i.e. Big A** Extreme Bash) that was only available through ECW home video and bootleggers. In fact, there are approx. 50 ECW DVD's available in R2. Now, if you wish to limit your purchases to those available in R1 (and there is nothing wrong with them, I own them all) fine, but I like to have stuff from 1995-up available to me and that is not going to happen anytime soon over here.
Old 04-15-03, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

In fact, there are approx. 50 ECW DVD's available in R2.
Damn!! Didn’t know they had enough stuff to take up 50 DVDs

So what would you recommend I get?

So far I have

R1:

Barely Legal
Best of Cactus Jack

R2:

Heatwave 99 (in the mail)
Old 04-16-03, 03:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I highly recommend:

Extreme Warfare
Massacre On Queens Boulevard (featuring Taz vs. Chris Jericho)
November To Remember `95 (featuring Cactus Jack, "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, etc.)
November To Remember `96 (3-way dance w/Ganstas, Eliminators, and RVD/Sabu)
Big Ass Extreme Bash (I just like the title, I can't see the WWE using any name like this for a PPV).

I would get all of them if I could cause as I said before, the tape library is tied up in bankruptcy court (for the U.S. market) so who knows when it will be available here? And if the WWE gets their hands on it they may leave it in the vault along with the WCW/NWA library. Check out Benson's World or Blackstar and have fun!