Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Online Foreign DVD Shops

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Online Foreign DVD Shops

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-03, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Online Foreign DVD Shops

Are there any shops online that sell all regions of DVD's. I dont mean just Region 2 or whatever. I know of Poker Industries and HKflix, but they seem to only sell DVDs that originate from the Asian countries. Im talking a website that sells French, Russian, UK, Japanese, etc DVDs. Any suggestions?
Old 03-25-03, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
So you're looking for bootlegs?
Old 03-25-03, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, he's looking for foreign DVDs from other regions/countries besides Asia. I believe by 'all regions of DVDs' he doesn't mean all region (r0) DVD's but DVDs from all regions.

Amazon's a good place to start. They have UK, French, Japanese, and German sites. Links to all of them can be found at the bottom of the page on www.amazon.com

And don't forget this thread on DVDTalk:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=167378

It's a long list of DVD retailers outside of the US. Many of the sites are in their native language and pricing is in their native currency.
Old 03-25-03, 03:34 PM

Thanx Renaldow, thats exactly what I meant. I was afraid people might misunderstand that. I know of the thread but it looks a bit in depth and feel like I might get lost looking through it. I merely was wondering if there isnt a site thats in the vein of Hkflix, that's in english, and is american based (i.e. American currency prices), but sells DVD's from other countries besides the Asian type.
Old 03-25-03, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by bobertkay99
Thanx Renaldow, thats exactly what I meant. I was afraid people might misunderstand that. I know of the thread but it looks a bit in depth and feel like I might get lost looking through it. I merely was wondering if there isnt a site thats in the vein of Hkflix, that's in english, and is american based (i.e. American currency prices), but sells DVD's from other countries besides the Asian type.
Ahh - I get it now... You really ought to look through that thread. It has everything you need and is actually pretty easy to navigate. Perhaps if you were more specific about what DVDs you're looking for we could help with more specific sites.
Old 03-25-03, 06:51 PM

I guess you are looking for a place in the US that carries R1 and R2 and R3 and R4 ... I am afraid I don't know a shop with such a wide variety (apart from places that carry e.g. Asian movies from all sorts of regions).
BTW, even if some dealers might bill you in non-US currencies, what's the problem? Your CC company will take care of that ... it works just fine.
Old 03-26-03, 01:57 AM

Im afraid of being charged some kind of currency converter fee. But thanx to everyone for the suggestions. I just recently got a region free DVD player and am beginning to look at the wonderful world of Region Free-dom.
Old 03-26-03, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by bobertkay99
Im afraid of being charged some kind of currency converter fee.
Just check with your credit card company and see if they do that. Most don't, and you usually end up with a fairly good conversion rate.
Old 03-26-03, 12:30 PM

Thanx again everybody,all of this is very helpful. I appreciate it.
Old 04-02-03, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

i LIKE IT....A LOT!!!