Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Small region-free player?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 03-20-03, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for a portable region free player. It doesn't need a screen as I'm just going to move it between TVs. I want it to do proper PAL conversion. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 03-21-03, 10:16 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use the Lasonic 8090 as my portable, region-free player. Very easy to render regionless - just a few button strokes on the remote, and only need to be done once.

Below link is to a picture and specs:
http://www.lasonic.com/Scripts/prodV...p?idproduct=59

Does PAL conversion (I tested the R2 PAL Futurama set on it), but I don't believe it does proper anamorphic PAL conversion. It's been fine for me since my DVD collection is almost entirely NTSC, although it might be a deal breaker for others.

It does feel somewhat cheap to the touch (also very light in weight), but it has survived the trips to my friends's houses by backpack travel.

Overall, I like the Lasonic 8090 and ended up getting one for my mother as her regionless solution.