Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Aki Kaurismaki ' s The Man Without A Past DVD

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-03, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just watch Aki Kaurismaki's latest Cannes-winning film The Man Without A Past on dvd.

It is a simple story about a man lost his memory after being beat up and find a new life and love afterwards.

The disc has eng sub and trailers of the film and his previous film Drifting Cloud.

I think this is the first dvd release of Kaurismaki film which has eng sub. The disc is from Finland.
Old 03-16-03, 12:56 AM

So, which e-retail you will recommend?
Old 03-16-03, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yes, it's a good disc. "Drifting Clouds" was recently released over here too; going to pick it up soon.

I don't know which Finnish e-tailers ship abroad, but there was another thread on this film where one of my countrymen pointed out a respectable vendor. Try searching.
Old 03-19-03, 03:25 AM

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden
Yes, it's a good disc. "Drifting Clouds" was recently released over here too; going to pick it up soon.

I don't know which Finnish e-tailers ship abroad, but there was another thread on this film where one of my countrymen pointed out a respectable vendor. Try searching.

Tyler,

Does the Drifting Clouds dvd has Eng sub ?

Last edited by kenho; 03-20-03 at 11:53 PM.
Old 03-20-03, 11:56 PM

Just find out that Drifting Clouds disc has eng, finnish and sweden sub and is in anamorphic.

I'm going to order it !
Old 03-21-03, 08:57 AM

Kenho... where are you ordering these dvds?
Old 03-21-03, 10:25 AM
Cool New Member

finnish etailer - www.filmifrikkii.fi

I'm interested in picking up these two films as well. I've been best able to stumble my way through www.filmifrikkii.fi, but they seem to be having some trouble with their security certificates -- I get several warnings about expired and invalid certificates when I attempt to access the credit card info screen. My email inquiry did not receive a reply.

Has anyone else tried to place an order, and gotten these errors? How reputable is this etailer? Other thoughts, or alternate recommendations? Thanks!
Old 03-21-03, 02:05 PM

www.ensi-ilta.com do have atleast "Men Without a Past" for 25 euros and they do ship abroad. Might want to ask if they carry "Drifting Clouds" as well.

www.leffat.com do have the "Drifing Clouds" for some 23 euros. You might want to ask if they ship abroad?
Old 03-22-03, 02:05 AM

the problem is, it's all written in Finnish. www.leffat.com is partly supporting English when I tried to register, but I can hardly order those titles.

I have Kaurismaki DVD Box set released from Japan, and I loved all the films even though they didn't support English subtitle (speaking language for some movies was english though)

I saw the man without a past, and I loved it too. Somebody ask those sites to support english.
Old 03-22-03, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

...well... the leffat site supports Swedish...

. . . . . .
Old 03-22-03, 03:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Just wanted to point out that the site JackB mentioned is actually www.filmifriikki.fi.