Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Nid De Guipes (Nest Of Wasps)

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 02-23-03, 07:44 AM
JM1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know, I know - I had never heard of this film either.

Anyone else?

But I picked up this little gem on import DVD a couple of days ago (though it is region 2) sight unseen, highly recommended by a friend.

Superb French thriller - it's a heist-gone-wrong type plot, with strong nods to Assault On Precinct 13, Die Hard (particularly no.2), and Face.

Superbly filmed, very slickly made with very fast, punchy action sequences. I liked the fact that they do not resort to Matrix-style photography or slo mo sequences. And no big explosions either.

One of those rare European movies that manages to out-Hollywood Hollywood. Though I am sure the inevitable American remake is probably already on the cards.

For those of you with the nescessary sound capabilities, it also has one of the best DTS tracks I have ever heard on any movie.

The only downside? Though the movie has English subtitles, none of the extensive extra's do. But apart from the interviews, it's pretty easy to follow the making of stuff anyway.

A great little thriller, well worth checking out.
Old 02-23-03, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 187 Posts
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=265299

check here
great flick and DVD!
Old 02-24-03, 03:57 PM
JM1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks d2cheer. I did do a search, but nothing came up.

I pretty much agree with what you say - it's a bit of an undiscovered gem, this one.

I know for a fact it has'nt been released in the UK, certainly not theatrically. Has it been released in the US yet?