Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Recent HKFlix Service?

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Recent HKFlix Service?

Old 02-02-03, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recent HKFlix Service?

Has anybody else had problems w/stuff ordered from HKFlix recently?

Let me preface this by saying that their service has always been way above average. I'd place an order and within a week it'd show up. No problems.

Now, I ordered a couple DVDs two weeks ago. When I used their order status checking function, I got an e-mail back saying,

"Thank you for your order at HKFlix. We apologize for the delay - both items ordered were out of stock at the time of your order. We have recently received more and are currently processing your order to be shipped as quickly as possible. You will be emailed when your order is dispatched. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

That was last Monday. As of today, I haven't received a shipping confirmation and when I sent a second inquiry on Thursday, I received no response.

So, back to the original question--Anybody else having trouble with their HKFlix order?
Thanks.
J
Old 02-02-03, 12:22 PM

reply from HKFLIX

Roy,

We apologize for the delay. Backorders typically ship within two weeks. However, occasionally they may take longer, depending on their availability status at the distributor level. If you want to email me direct, I will try my best to give you an estimate. As always, we don't charge credit cards until the order is ready to ship.

Kind Regards,
Jeff ([email protected])
HKFLIX.com
Old 02-02-03, 05:45 PM

Re: reply from HKFLIX

Originally posted by HKFLIXdotcom
Roy,

We apologize for the delay. Backorders typically ship within two weeks. However, occasionally they may take longer, depending on their availability status at the distributor level. If you want to email me direct, I will try my best to give you an estimate. As always, we don't charge credit cards until the order is ready to ship.

Kind Regards,
Jeff ([email protected])
HKFLIX.com
The problem is, many of your DVD items are listed as "usually ship in 1 or 2 days" while they're actually back order. People would only know that after they make the order. I ordered "Failan" a month ago and it's still in back order, while your website says it's "usually shipped in 1 or 2 days" all the time (even now!). How disappointing is that.

Not charging credit card means nothing. People want their order shipped as promised. I usually order 2 or more titles together to save shipping fee. Now looks like I have to cancel this back order item and end up paying $4.95 for one title shipping.

I've switched to dvdasian.com. They're cheaper, shipping cheaper and faster. At least their website reflects inventory correctly.

Last edited by DVDsir; 02-02-03 at 05:57 PM.