Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Chinese dvds in australia

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 12-12-02, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi there! I'm from Australia and am looking for chinese movie dvd suppliers around. Importing is far too expensive for me. Thanks!
Old 12-12-02, 10:13 AM

And then.... there's DDDHOUSE.

Last edited by blessthemess; 12-12-02 at 10:19 AM.
Old 12-12-02, 04:47 PM

Re: Chinese dvds in australia

Originally posted by thang33
Hi there! I'm from Australia and am looking for chinese movie dvd suppliers around. Importing is far too expensive for me. Thanks!
Wouldn't you be better off asking this question at the Australian forum DVDPlaza ?

Also, it will obviously depend on which city in Australia you are in. For example, in the Chinatowns of both Melbourne and Sydney there are many stores selling Chinese DVDs. Also, in Sydney suburbs such as Cabramatta, Chatswood, Campsie, and Marrickville, there are many stores that sell Chinese, Korean, Indian etc DVDs. I do not know of any Australian online stores that deal in Chinese DVDs.

Can't say I would recommend DDDHouse (due to my own bad experience of course), but if you want to order online and are ordering in lots of 5 or 10 titles at a time, I would recommend DVDShelf (based in HK) because of the fact that they use courier for delivery and are generally much cheaper than DDDHouse - but I repeat, only if you are planning on ordering in lots of 5 or 10 items. If you are ordering one or two DVDs at a time then sure, it might work out cheaper using DDDHouse.

regards, Tim...
Old 12-13-02, 08:39 AM

Just like to add some comment on dddhouse, have ordered approx 100 dvds from them , never more than three films at a time and very pleased. Prompt delivery, quick respons to questions. They also send the dvds with registered mail so if they go missing in the mail there should be no problem with a refund. (although I seem to remember a post had a problem with this)