Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

RCE on Wharfedale 750

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

RCE on Wharfedale 750

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-02, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are all RCE's the same?

Hi everyone, first time poster, but these are excellent forums and I'll be keeping my eye on them more often now!

I have an old Wharfedale 750 DVD player (original) and last month in the US I got myself Spiderman on the day of release (Was only $15 couldn't refuse it!!)... Of course when I came to play it, it failed with the RCE screen. However I did a search on the net and found that the latest firmware seemed to ignore this so I did a search and bought some new firmware (http://www.dvdchips.co.uk/ if you need to know!). Got the new chip this morning and it WORKS however (now to the point of this long winded question!) I want to buy MIB II (wife xmas prezzy) which is also RCE (as stated on this site) so will that also work? Or is it a case of buy it and see? I'm kind of assuming that it will work as Spidyman does now. Any comments are welcome...

Last edited by Mat-d-Rat; 12-11-02 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12-16-02, 04:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it should work once your player has overcome this RCE
nonsense with your firmware upgrade.If you can watch Spiderman
there's no reason it will not work on MIBII.