DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   International DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk-12/)
-   -   The Touch DVD review (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk/248994-touch-dvd-review.html)

DJariya 11-06-02 08:55 PM

The Touch DVD review

Hey Guys
I just purchased "The Touch" DVD with Michelle Yeoh from Hong Kong via DDDHouse.com. I thought I'd give a quick take to you all on it.

DVD:
NTSC All Regions Widescreen, 2 DVD's running time: 104 mins.
Languages: English 5.1, DTS, Mandarin 2.0, Cantonese 2.0

(As some of you already know, the original audio track is English)

Disc 1: The Movie
I would say IMO, the movie itself was pretty good. (Very watchable for an average movie-goer) I always like Michelle Yeoh films, I thought the movie and she looked absolutely stunning in the film. The cinematography in China and all the backdrop scenery blew me away. The fight scenes were very well executed and Peter Pau did a very good job for his feature debut. Very entertaining Indiana Jones type film

Audio Commentary by Peter Pau and Michelle Yeoh
Unless you understand Cantonese, this feature was useless.

Disc 2: The Extras

Making of: Very fluffy and very promotional making of feature that pretty much gave me zero insight into the making of this film.
Ran about 5 minutes at most.

Trailer

Kelly Chen Music Video

Asian Promotional Tour: Approx. 15 minute feature on the Asian promotional of this film. Michelle, Brandon Chang, and Peter Pau and crew travel throughout asia to promote the film. Thank good ness there were english subtitles. I thought it was midly entertaining. 15% of the feature was in english.

The Story: Standard text graphic on the storyline

Characters and crew: Standard text graphic.

Overall:

Movie: B-
Extras: C-

I recommend it, if your a Michelle fan and don't have to pay too much for it...I paid 18 US dollars including shipping which was reasonable.

Peep 03-30-04 03:39 PM

Any word of a R1 release?

harosa 03-30-04 09:20 PM

Sorry, but to me this movie has some of the most horrendous CG ever put on film, and the comic sidekick is annoying as hell.

DJariya 04-01-04 11:26 PM

Unfortunately, you will probably never see a Region 1 release of this film. It's U.S. rights are owned by Miramax and considering the film is almost 3 years old now, things aren't looking good. Even if it does get a US video release, expect huge edits.

This kinda reminds me of the problems Hero is experiencing with Miramax.

harosa 04-02-04 07:52 PM

Thing is, as much as I dont like HERO as much as others, this movie is just bad and doesnt warrant a release as is obvious by Miramax's actions.

Peep 04-16-04 07:31 PM

Rented this from Nicheflix.com, watched part of it, got bored, turned it off. Will try again tonight. Poor Michelle, she deserves better.