Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

"Burning Paradise" dvd help asap!!!!??????????

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-02, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sup ppl,
hopin someone can help me out here: i just recieved the "burning paradise" dvd from hkflix and it clearly looks like its been used as there are fingerprints and scratches etc on it(both the case and the disc), also it didn't come sealed in plastic(and w/o those stickers sealing the case) instead it was in one of those resealable plastic bags.
Now, i e-mailed them about this and they wrote me back saying that they don't sell used dvds and that i got it in the same condition that they got it from the distributor.
Although i really doubt it, but just to make sure can anyone else who ordered that dvd(from hkflix or wherever) please let me know what condition they recieved theirs in asap. thanx in advance fr ur help guys.
Old 10-16-02, 01:22 PM

I haven't bought anything from them before but one thing I know: Some stores keep their DVDs separete from the cases. They then put the DVDs in the cases when they sell them.

This is, of course, ordinary retail stores that do this to prevent stealing. I'm not sure how HKFlix do it.

I don't know if the German release comes with plastic around it but I don't think there should have been fingerprints on the DVD.

ericf
Old 10-16-02, 05:09 PM

This issue as already been addressed with, the customer, <mall>[name deleted].</small>. The first batch of these DVDs we received were sealed. The second batch were unsealed, so we put them in resealable plastic sleaves. It is NOT unusual for us to receive unsealed DVDs from distributors, unfortunately. It causes problems for us, but is a fact of life when you deal with dozens of different distributors. Recently we received a batch of Hong Kong Legends DVDs direct from MEDUSA that were unsealed.

Anyway, I have explained to <small>name deleted</small> that all our copies of this DVD that we currently have in-stock are the same that he got. If we had some sealed copies remaining, we would be more than happy to do an exchange. If he would like to exchange the DVD for store credit, we would be more than happy to oblige.

I have also forwarded to <small>name deleted</small> the name and email address of our distributor for this DVD so he can directly address his concerns with them.

Regards,
Jeff
HKFLIX

Although I am sure there was no malign intent, it is not really acceptable to divulge personalised details of correspondence on this board without the consent of the other party. Consequently I have removed details of the individual who had been named. [Benedict]

Last edited by benedict; 10-17-02 at 12:08 PM.