Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Radio Days - Zone 2 UK

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Radio Days - Zone 2 UK

Old 09-30-02, 06:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radio Days - Zone 2 UK

Has anyone got the Zone 2 UK edition of Radio days? I'm wondering if its anamorphic. I*m seeing conflicting info online.

THe zone 1 is stated to be anamorphic.

Any info would be appreciated.

JIm
Old 09-30-02, 06:33 AM

I have the Zone 1,part of the 3rd boxset,and it is definitly anamorphic....piss all extras though,so if Zone 2 is anamorphic and has a doco or something,I'd go for that one.Great movie by the way..one of my favourite Woody Allens!
Old 09-30-02, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, its odd, I've somehow managed to miss this film but have heard great things about it. Im not holding my breath for extras though, but I*ll let you know if there are any.

My reason for going with zone 2 is purely cost. I can save £5 with the zone 2, and as long its anamorphic and the sound is ok, thats the way to go. I*ve got a few other zone 2 Allen films that have been very good. There are unfortunately multiple horrible releases of Allen's films, ranging from non anamorphic to pan scans or sometimes even worse!! (i'm convinced that my copy of Everyone Says I love you is a matted pan scan, Its on my upgrade list because its one of my favorite films. In fairness, it may be that I saw a somewhat open matted version at the cinema, but I clearly remember better framed dance numbers.)

THanks for the confirmation on the zone 1 however. If worse comes to worse, I can still get that one. What were the other titles in the box you have?

Jim