Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Ichi the Killer Uncut DVD

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Ichi the Killer Uncut DVD

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-03, 09:38 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: The packaging.

There is a cardboard slipcase (a la Royal Tenenbaums Criterion) which looks like a paper bag with a hole in the middle that shows the face of the villian (I forget his name). The case itself has the villain on the cover brandishing his spikes. It's just totally awesome.

Re: Xploited.

Having never ordered with Luminous, I'll say xploited is a very good site. They tell you when they ship the product (very quickly after you order), and both times I've received the DVDs within two days of getting the email, and I'm at a place where mail is notoriously slow. So take that for what you will.
Old 02-12-03, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry if this has been posted already, but www.freerecordshop.nl have this for €29.99 (that's around US$32/UKŁ20).

I'd like this 2 disc set but not all Dutch retailers have it in stock -so I'm going to wait a few weeks until the cheapest becomes available.

I've emailed www.dvdzone2.com to see if they will stock it.

"Bent u bekwaam te aandeel de DVD Ichi alstublieft?" is my best Dutch -I'm sure someone from Holland will now post to say it means "I will kill your dog and eat it with some fava beans"
Old 02-12-03, 02:46 AM

Just heard back from DVDZone2.com:

We've been trying to import this DVD from Holland for over a month, with no success.
Our distributor is still trying, but we would be unable to give you a date or price yet.

Let's hope this situation clears itself very quickly...

At your service,

Good.
Old 02-12-03, 09:11 AM
Banned by request

I watched some of this last night. The picture quality is very good, but a little grainier than I remember it being in the theater. The sound is awesome, and the animated menus are pretty gruesome. The interviews seem to be lacking in substance, each interviewee only talks about a particular subject for 30 seconds to a minute. Haven't gotten around to seeing anything more than the interviews and some of the film yet.
Old 02-12-03, 02:06 PM

I bought mine in freerecordshop, but in Belgium (same price though)
Im a bit annoyed with the interviews since they show half of the movie between every question!!!
anyway Lucas, being a native dutch speaker, im sorry to say your dutch didnt make much sense to me , or maybe its just me
Old 02-12-03, 03:39 PM

Old 02-12-03, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Suprmallet
Re: The packaging.

There is a cardboard slipcase (a la Royal Tenenbaums Criterion) which looks like a paper bag with a hole in the middle that shows the face of the villian (I forget his name). The case itself has the villain on the cover brandishing his spikes. It's just totally awesome.

Re: Xploited.

Having never ordered with Luminous, I'll say xploited is a very good site. They tell you when they ship the product (very quickly after you order), and both times I've received the DVDs within two days of getting the email, and I'm at a place where mail is notoriously slow. So take that for what you will.
I've bought quite a few discs with Xpolited and been very very happy with their service. The Audio on this disc is awesome, and the anamorphic transfer is much better than the nonanamorphic transfer my HK RO NTSC disc.

This film blew me away even more the second time around than the first time and the way the film is edit to emphasize The Boredoms soundtrack is just spectacULAR!

Too bad they didn't do a soundtrack only audio track.

Anyone know if the soundtrack is available anywhere on CD?

cheers, Tony Block
Old 02-12-03, 10:33 PM

I received mine today from Luminous - awesome. They honored the $19.99 pre-order price too. I think I like my Japanese packaging better... but like the fact I can now understand what they are saying better.
Old 02-12-03, 11:20 PM
Banned by request

Originally posted by Tony Block
This film blew me away even more the second time around than the first time and the way the film is edit to emphasize The Boredoms soundtrack is just spectacULAR!

Too bad they didn't do a soundtrack only audio track.

Anyone know if the soundtrack is available anywhere on CD?

cheers, Tony Block
This film really gets better with each viewing. It's definitely my favorite Miike film, and one of my favorite films by any filmmaker.

I was surprised and pleased to hear that Miike re-edited the opening sequence after hearing the finished music. It's rare for a filmmaker to do that.

I'm almost positive the soundtrack does exist as an import. I have a burned copy of it that does not sound like a bootleg (although that doesn't preclude the fact that it may be a bootleg, just a very good one). I will check with my friend who gave me the copy, see if he knows.
Old 02-12-03, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I will check with my friend who gave me the copy, see if he knows.
Thanks!
Old 02-13-03, 09:41 AM

Thought it was a great film, felt great sympathy toward Ichi, poor lad. So, is the manga available in english language versions? Still reading Lone Wolf and Cub reprints at the moment but they must come to an end sometime so am looking for something new to read. Anyone help?
Old 02-13-03, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
got mine today from Luminous - ordered on Sunday or something.
Old 02-13-03, 06:17 PM
Banned by request

Tony, my friend got the soundtrack from hmv.co.jp.
Old 02-13-03, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Incidentally, there was an article on DVDTimes pertaining to the launch of the Premier Asia label whereby a representative had said they supplied the Alien Sun and Bey Logan commentary tracks to the Dutch distributors and couldn't understand why it had been omitted. The label is going to release the title itself along with Bichunmoo 2 disc DTS and Bang-Rajan amongst others so all being well the 'missing' commentary tracks may appear on here
Old 02-13-03, 07:34 PM

is this an offshoot of Hong Kong Legends? Just curious since they also plan to release Bichunmoo and Bang Rajan (Musa as well) in the future
Old 02-13-03, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Tony, my friend got the soundtrack from hmv.co.jp.
Thanks! I'l check it out!
Old 02-13-03, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by RichDB10
Incidentally, there was an article on DVDTimes pertaining to the launch of the Premier Asia label whereby a representative had said they supplied the Alien Sun and Bey Logan commentary tracks to the Dutch distributors and couldn't understand why it had been omitted. The label is going to release the title itself along with Bichunmoo 2 disc DTS and Bang-Rajan amongst others so all being well the 'missing' commentary tracks may appear on here
Alien Sun is very very veryPurrrrty!

cheers, Tony Block
Old 02-13-03, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Koroshiya Ichi Soundtrack CD

The soundtrack is available through Forced Exposure in the States:

http://www.fe.org/labels/cinema.monsoon.japan.html

It's pricey - $30 - and there are some cues in the movie that aren't on the CD, but as a listening experience it's worth your best pennies. The CD also has the traler in .mpg format. FE carries some of the Boredoms other releases, too.
My vote is for Xploited Cinema as the easiest vendor to get the R2 2-disc DVD - they also carry the single disc version which is identical to disc 1 of the SE and has the cover that most of us are familiar with. I also noticed that Poker Industries are already out of stock after what, a week?

Last edited by Luther Heggs; 02-13-03 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-14-03, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by iskandam
is this an offshoot of Hong Kong Legends? Just curious since they also plan to release Bichunmoo and Bang Rajan (Musa as well) in the future
Yes...just an extension of the same label
Old 02-14-03, 09:44 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Shameless promotion:

Ichi the Killer - Video screening at Dr. Dremo's TapRoom Arlington VA. Tuesday February 18th 8pm (uncut version? - dont ask)
Old 02-16-03, 06:38 PM
Banned by request

Here's something I noticed:

Spoiler:
When Kakihara and the twin detectives are about to cut Longie's penis with scissors, the shot of his penis is very obviously censored.

I know there are laws in Japan about showing genitals, but certainly some print must exist out there without the masking. Makes me wonder if a better version will come out.
Old 02-17-03, 06:42 AM

Luvvly english

Anyone listened to the English dub on this thing? Absolutely atrocious and therefore one of the most entertaining of recent times. Many excellent deliveries of words, Alien Sun is almost incomprehensible, A must listen!
Old 02-17-03, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Luvvly english

Originally posted by vorticez
Anyone listened to the English dub on this thing? Absolutely atrocious and therefore one of the most entertaining of recent times. Many excellent deliveries of words, Alien Sun is almost incomprehensible, A must listen!
Alien Sun may be almost incomprehensible on the English audio track, but she's still very very veryPurrrrty!

And her Brit school girl accent is super super SEXY!

cheers, Tony Block
Old 02-18-03, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Here's something I noticed:

Spoiler:
When Kakihara and the twin detectives are about to cut Longie's penis with scissors, the shot of his penis is very obviously censored.

I know there are laws in Japan about showing genitals, but certainly some print must exist out there without the masking. Makes me wonder if a better version will come out.
You know, that's actually something I don't mind not being able to see...
Old 02-18-03, 09:09 PM

Hello, I am Super Lazy, can someone who is generous with their time please sum what was learned in this thread? Regions, cut versions etc?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.