Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

RCE CONFIRMED: Panic Room, Dogtown an Zboys, The New Guy and The Sweetest Thing

International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Old 09-18-02, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's today's RCE Blast

CONFIRMED RCE: The New Guy - Panic Room Superbit - The Sweetest Thing - Dogtown and Z-Boys

Columbia Tri-Star is back with a vengeance with 4 new titles Confirmed with RCE. This comes after a pretty long hiatus and with some pretty big titles coming out this year, RCE could be a big concern for titles like: Men in Black II, Spiderman, and xXx.

As always we'll send out an RCE update on titles as soon as they are confirmed and post an updated list on our RCE Page

Thanks to all of you who help us keep the DVD Talk RCE Page up to date.
<hr>
If you're looking for a Region Free DVD Player we've got a special deal with HKFlix.com where you can get the Malata DVP-520 for $274.95 the JVC XV-S500/502 for $264.95 or the JVC XV-SA600 with DVD-Audio for $319.95. ALL excellent Region-Free players.
<hr>
Old 09-18-02, 09:56 PM

Is the RCE encoding being used on these newer releases the same as the original, or has it been upgraded to foil users of machines with mods that already circumvent RCE (in its original form - used on titles such as Thomas and the Magic Railroad)?

regards, Tim...
Old 09-19-02, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Uh, the Canadian release of Panic Room is non--RCE. I'd have noticed, as I have a Toshiba SD900E, which requires a non-RCE disc before putting an RCE one.
Old 09-20-02, 10:21 AM

Well, actually, the Canadian Panic Room I received is RCE.
Old 09-21-02, 06:04 AM

Am I correct in thinking RCE is only used on the titles that Columbia has worldwide distribution for (it doesn't seem to pop up on other Columbia titles)?

Still, I can't see why they bothered. It's a case of Columbia building a better mousetrap and nature building a better mouse. Hardly any multi-region players on the market can't cope with RCE these days.
Old 09-25-02, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
For Panic Room, if I set my Apex 600-A on bypass the modified DVD Player warning comes up and blocks play, but it plays fine when I set the DVD Player to region 1. Go figure.