Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

The Young Ones on DVD - but are they CUT?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-02, 06:41 PM

Location: Over the hills and far away, where the view is NOT as nice as rumored.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't you just LOVE attention-grabbing subjects.

Anyway - britcom "The Young Ones" comes to DVD in America on September 17 (A great day for DVDs, AND my birthday too...), in a very nice 3-disc package containing, as it says on the box, "every stoopid episode", amid much more Rik-Mayall-possessed stuff.

But here is my problem - I know in later showings, such as when it was shown in America, it was cut to accomodate commericals and a time slot.

If indeed the r1 is cut, to get the uncut version, will I have to get the r2? Does anyone know if the r1 will be cut?
Old 08-21-02, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Monty Python was cut in a similar way for US TV, but showed up unedited on R1 DVD.
Old 09-05-02, 04:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Anyone confirm yet?
Old 09-05-02, 04:20 PM
Cool New Member

Speaking of The Young Ones, anybody know if/when we'll ever get Bottom on DVD? One of the funniest shows...ever...

Jay
Old 09-06-02, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It’s uncut and there is at least one episode of Bottom along with Filthy Rich and Catflap on this release.
Old 09-06-02, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Cychosis
Speaking of The Young Ones, anybody know if/when we'll ever get Bottom on DVD? One of the funniest shows...ever...

Jay
The Very Best of Bottom was released last month in R2 . It contains five episodes. I imagine (and hope) they will release the full series after all of us suckers have purchased this one.
Old 09-06-02, 01:19 PM
Cool New Member

Originally posted by Numanoid
The Very Best of Bottom was released last month in R2 . It contains five episodes. I imagine (and hope) they will release the full series after all of us suckers have purchased this one.
Yeah, I've seen this. But I really hate 'very best' collections... I want whole series, in order. Sigh, one can only hope. That being said, I'll probably buy this release regardless, along with the Bottom Live discs.

Jay
Old 09-07-02, 04:53 PM

Originally posted by Peep
Monty Python was cut in a similar way for US TV, but showed up unedited on R1 DVD.
Actually, the R1 DVDs of Monty Python's Flying Circus ARE edited! One of the episodes even has the blue screen censorship from mid-90's US cable broadcasts on one of the animations! (it's the flasher animation which the final part of the disc menu animation is based on)

BTW, are there any unedited Monty Python's Flying Circus DVDs in other regions? I have Betamax tapes of most of the Flying Circus from mid '80s PBS broadcasts, but I'd really like to retire them...

Does anyone know if there's a complete list of all of the edits on the DVDs?

Thanks,
-GregorM