DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   International DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk-12/)
-   -   Vanishing Point 8/5/02 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk/220531-vanishing-point-8-5-02-a.html)

ytsejam 07-06-02 09:21 PM

Vanishing Point 8/5/02

Vanishing Point is finally coming out in widescreen format, but only in Region 2 on August 5th.

cartman 07-06-02 10:24 PM

Will it have all of the cut footage?

Nocturnaloner 07-30-02 10:52 AM

9/9 now.

The release of Vanishing Point has now been pushed back to September 9th. Even so, I'm so damn glad to see this movie hitting dvd that I'm liable to do a happy dance!

As to the cut footage, I highly doubt it. This seems to be a very bare bones release, but it's in widescreen, and that alone will be a first for me.

Yug 08-03-02 10:12 AM

Wonder how long before we see the American release of this wonderful film? 20th Fox is so slooooooow.

Nocturnaloner 09-04-02 02:52 AM

Basically, a bump.

Just a reminder that Vanishing Point is finally hitting dvd on Sep. 9th, albeit in PAL R2. Thus spaketh the Super-Guru...

Nocturnaloner 09-07-02 08:57 AM

Bensons World shipped mine yesterday, 9/6. I'll post a review when I get it.

cartman 09-07-02 11:23 AM

Pretty please tell us if it's got the cut footage (or at least Charlotte hitchhiking). Benson's lists the runtime at 95 minutes, so I'm not that hopeful, but I gotta hope anyway.

kimsvideo 09-10-02 01:39 PM

In what country is "Vanishing Point" being released?

thanx,

george

Ted Kontos 09-10-02 09:48 PM

I just watched my copy of VP. Sorry, no cut footage. Good transfer (no restoration though, but I doubt this film could look much better than this) and pretty decent mono sound (cries out for a 5.1 remastering). Certainly worth the $14 U.S. I spent for this cult classic.

Nocturnaloner 09-11-02 03:02 AM

Originally posted by kimsvideo
In what country is "Vanishing Point" being released?

thanx,

george

This is a UK release, hence the PAL R2, as I mentioned.

Ted: Thanks for the report. I knew it'd be bare-bones, but just to have it in this format at all is a blessing.

ytsejam 09-13-02 02:55 PM

I received mine today from Bensons World. This transfer is light years ahead of my old worn out VHS copy!!

Nocturnaloner 09-13-02 11:58 PM

I got mine today as well. Echoing what others have said, for an obscure drive-in flick from 1971, Vanishing Point is looking damn good here. Very clean print, and good color. Great to finally see it in OAR. Thumbs up as well to the menu art and packaging.

indycohiba 09-26-02 12:06 AM

I bough this blind based on comments here and can say that I was not disappointed!

CrumpsBrother 02-26-03 12:51 PM

Just watched the R2 VANISHING POINT and I agree it is a great transfer. Nice colors and a real clean source print.

One question, though. The picture on my copy broke up briefly during the winter "love scene". Did this happen to anyone else?

Despite this, still great to see this terrific yet obscure movie get a nice release.

indycohiba 02-26-03 08:06 PM

No problems here.

Deke Rivers 02-27-03 07:31 AM

Its was the first dvd I picked up when I got my Cyberhome..excelent movie..you can have fast and Furious and Gone in 60 Sec remake..this is the BEST car movie out there along with Two Lane Blacktop

CrumpsBrother 02-27-03 12:32 PM

I agree, Deke!

Tony Block 02-27-03 08:13 PM

Originally posted by Deke Rivers
Its was the first dvd I picked up when I got my Cyberhome..excelent movie..you can have fast and Furious and Gone in 60 Sec remake..this is the BEST car movie out there along with Two Lane Blacktop
Don't forget

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang & (Herbie) The Love Bug

cheers, seriously, Tony Block