International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Dry Wood, Fierce Fire DVD question...

Old 07-03-02, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Dry Wood, Fierce Fire DVD question...

I just got the DVD - gave the VCD to my girlfriend...

I got it from DDDHouse - the cover art is different from the cover art over at sensasian.com. Also - Sensasian lists their DVD as being the extended version. Both the Sensasian DVD and mine are from Widesight. What gives?

My DVD lists on the back as being 101 minutes
It also says 4:3 on the back which it isn't... it's widescreen thankfully. Is this DVD extended or is there another version I should get from sensasian?
Old 07-03-02, 08:17 PM

Tai Seng released an R1 version, and has huge sections of dialogue without subtitles!

Widesight released an R0 version in HK, with good subtitles.
This version has a label on the cover that says (in Chinese only) that it's an extended version (top right corner, I think).

Maybe the Tai Seng version is shorter??
Maybe the extended scene is the included cut scene??
I can't find any details on what the extended scene is.

That 4:3 logo is the proper logo that signifies it's a non-anamorphic letterbox presentation.

J.T.
Old 07-03-02, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

if you look at the DDDHouse cover art for the movie, in the top right hand corner, it says (the 5 characters in Chinese) that it is the extended version.

jktv needed to give himself more credit - here is his review of the Widesight version of the DVD:
http://pub5.ezboard.com/fhongkongdvd...cID=1527.topic
Old 07-03-02, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmm - so I guess the picture on Sensasian is probably just a poster or some other PR material and not the DVD box art. I must have the extended release then... since it's the only Widesight release.

YH - I thought I'd read that before, but I couldn't find it on this board. Didn't jtkv post it here before? If not, he needs to start posting his reviews on this forum too.
Old 07-03-02, 11:06 PM

Originally posted by Trigger
YH - I thought I'd read that before, but I couldn't find it on this board. Didn't jtkv post it here before? If not, he needs to start posting his reviews on this forum too.
He did. But not much people here paid much attention to it.
Old 07-03-02, 11:27 PM

Originally posted by Trigger
YH - I thought I'd read that before, but I couldn't find it on this board. Didn't jtkv post it here before?
Yep, it's right here.
Old 07-04-02, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by gabegarwick

Yep, it's right here.
Yeah, see? I knew it... I posted half the posts in that thread. I did a search for "dry wood" in the subject and in the thread and set the date to any date - don't know why it didn't come up. Good review. Very thorough.