DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   International DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk-12/)
-   -   Man bites Dog soon to be released by Criterion (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/international-dvd-talk/218883-man-bites-dog-soon-released-criterion.html)

Maur0 06-29-02 06:13 PM

Man bites Dog soon to be released by Criterion

On september...

Original Cover

Cool!!!!!

Mauro

Giles 06-29-02 08:59 PM

oh, not again, the Criterion website lists the films running time at 92 minutes, not the true uncut European version that clocks at 95 minutes. Uh, why is this mentioned in the International DVD/Movie section when this is obviously a Region 1 disc.

dablueguy 06-29-02 11:46 PM

Maybe because it's an 'International Movie'?

Maur0 06-30-02 12:47 AM

You are correct dablueguy!!!!!!

dablueguy 07-01-02 12:53 AM

It's just one of those subjects that would fit in multiple forums.

roseart 07-01-02 07:42 AM

This was already posted in the DVDTalk forum, here.

Everyone has said the LD was UNCUT, but the back of the LD clearly shows 92min? I posted a question about a scene that was cut, but no one has replied?

Giles 07-01-02 12:06 PM

I never owned the Criterion laserdisc version of "Man Bites Dog" but I am hoping that the listed running time of 92 minutes was indeed a misprint, since we have agreed that the complete running time of the movie was the European cut at 95 minutes.

Maur0 07-01-02 05:50 PM

I have seen the Uncut LD(don't know about the running time) and the US VHS

I remember one scene missing: The rape scene in the kitchen while they are singing Christmas songs

The other scene I'm not so sure about is when he kills a child and his parents

Mauro

roseart 07-02-02 06:42 AM

Originally posted by Maur0
I have seen the Uncut LD(don't know about the running time) and the US VHS

I remember one scene missing: The rape scene in the kitchen while they are singing Christmas songs

The other scene I'm not so sure about is when he kills a child and his parents

If that's the case then IMDB lists the wrong time, and the CC DVD will be UNCUT. :D

Trigger 07-02-02 07:53 AM

I have the UK version of this and I have yet to watch it. I've seen the movie a couple of times already though - really cool flick. Still, this should be a topic for the R1 crowd. :) Thanks for the heads-up though... (I won't buy it again, but I'm just saying thanks for those who didn't say it in case you were feeling unappreciated) ;)

benedict 07-03-02 09:06 AM

Even though there has been a belated mention of a non-R1 version of the film I am closing this one on the grounds that, strictly speaking, it is an off-topic duplicate.

As described on the forum listing, the topic of International is:
<b>Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More</b>

For the purposes of this description, "International DVDs" means non-Region 1 movies. If we start to say that all non-US movies are on-topic here, regardless of format, I can see a great deal of confusion resulting.

Benedict