Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Volcano High Special Edition DVD coming SOON!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-02, 04:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

www.krdvd.com in the action section at the bottom. Hwa San Go (Fire Mountain High, or Volcano High) is listed and here are the reported specs:

Volcano High
Cinema Service
Region 3
Korean DTS 6.1 ES, Korean Dolby Digital 6.1 EX, Korean Dolby Digital 2.0
English, Korean Subtitles
Anamorphic Widescreen
Making-of, CG Making-of, Music Video, Storyboards, Storyline, Production Notes, Cast & Crew Info, Trailer

The DVD should be awesome and the price is not yet listed (somewhere around 20 bucks - probably 17 or 18). I've heard nothing but bad things about this film, but the trailer makes me want it anyway. Someone post a link to the trailer so we can all be suckered into this bad movie.

<small>to krdvd, I linked to your image - if this is sucking bandwidth, let me know and I'll edit the post. This won't be a busy thread, so I figured it wouldn't be a big deal.</small>

By the way - krdvd is a great place to order DVDs. My only gripe would be that it took a really long time to get the order processed, but I'm so happy with the result. I even got presents in the box the DVDs came in. I got a tomato plant, some cheap sunglasses, a tiny FM radio, a pair of ugly wallets, a FILA hand-towel, and a clock. It was really fun to go through the stuff. I did order quite alot of DVDs though, so you're mileage may vary with regard to the presents.
Old 06-28-02, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
um, i notice that My Beautiful Girl Mari is listed for July 19th... are his dates normally right on? whoo hoo!

let me know when you watch volcano high if is is any good. for example, if it is like shaolin soccer, i probably won't like it.
Old 06-28-02, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

(Trailer: 300k)

Read about it here.
Old 06-28-02, 12:41 PM

krdvd

i can also vouch for krdvd being a good place to order, i got a lot of dvds from him, the order did take a little longer than one of our region one dealers like dvdempire, but i understand the titles are imports and they ahve to be ordered time to time. but i still wont order korean releases from anyone else. they did the best they could with me, and also reply to e-mails very quickly. thanks

also if you all want to view some streaming trailers go here

www.asiandb.com then click on streaming, after you click on one of the trailers ther is a drop down window under the video image where you can select from about 50 different trailers.

also Nabi looks like it wil be good, has anyone seen it, please do not give any info or comparisons on the movie, as i consider those spoilers, yeah im a dork. thanks
Old 06-28-02, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i think i would like nabi also from darcy's review of it.

so on that page, i'd like to get friend, nabi and my beautiful girl mari. one fine day (??) is another one i'd have to investigate.
Old 06-28-02, 03:19 PM

Lol Trigger, you're still pimping this movie?

Speaking of krdvd, I've been putting off ordering for a while...
Website says new site launching 07/01.

Here's what's on my list to order so far:
-Die Bad
-Guns & Talks
-My Boss, My Hero
-Say Yes
-Two Cops 2 & 3
-Hana-Bi
Old 06-28-02, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by gabegarwick
Lol Trigger, you're still pimping this movie?
Hey, I'm not trying to pimp it... I even said that it would probably suck... I just know there was interest before and now that it's coming to DVD, I thought people would like to know.
Old 06-28-02, 05:32 PM

Uh

I want to see this movie so bad. I saw the trailer on a site a long time ago, and it was so awesome. I heard it sucks from like 9/10 reviews, but I usually like bad movies anyways and I prefer style over substance

Also, a reason why they said this movie sucks was because it was to jumpy and it was "made for teens"...but that doesnt really scare me away from it since I like almost any movie involving high school (its my bad taste).

Im just gonna wait for the HK version or find some other way of viewing it. I dont pay more than 12 dollars for a DVD cause Im cheap

Joey
Old 06-28-02, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I caught some interesting info about Korean cinema - it appears that Hollywood is taking notice of Korean movies. Here's a quote from koreanfilm.org:
In recent months, Hollywood studios have begun to take a major interest in the Korean film industry. One of the key areas in which this is taking place is in the purchase of remake rights, with top hits My Sassy Girl (DreamWorks), My Wife is a Gangster (Miramax) and Hi, Dharma (MGM) all having been sold to Hollywood studios. Many of the deals include a significant fee, plus a percentage of any future revenue earned by the remakes.

Additionally, Columbia Tristar has announced that it will be fully financing the new $10 million project by Cinema Service founder Kang Woo-suk, in return for worldwide distribution rights. The film, titled Silmi Island, will be based on a historical event involving an assassination attempt on former president Park Chung-hee. It will be produced by Hanmac Films and shot in Korea using local actors. The film is expected to start shooting in the summer and be ready around May 2003; Columbia's influence will likely help it to penetrate foreign markets.

This type of cooperation between Hollywood and Korean studios is seen as likely to continue. More remake deals are reportedly in the works, and Columbia is expected to pursue similar partnerships for future films.
Scary thought.
Old 06-28-02, 10:30 PM

Silmi Island? Hmm...
Storyline sounded familiar so I dug this up:

KT (Kill The Target)
Director: Junji Sakamoto
Starring: Choi Il-Hwa, Koichi Sato, Kim Gap-Su
Genre: Action, political thriller
Distribution: 20th Century Fox
To be released in Korean theater very soon.

Japanese - Korean production movie, about the murder trial of the now-President Kim Dae Joong, based on true story. Kind of real history-political-thriller, but not many details have been revealed till now.

On 1972, Korean president Park Jung Hwi took Kim Dae Joong as his worst enemy, because he gained a lot of votes on president election. So Park decided to assassin Kim, and tried an assassination attempt not only in Korea but also in Japan. That even named as 'Operation KT' To be released on May 5th in South Korean theater.

Trailer (.asf)

Offical Homepage
The above is quoted from 04/26 news @ kfccinema.com

Sounds pretty close to, if not the same story. Regardless, I am definitely interested in KT.
Cheers,
Gabe

-Trigger, I was only joking, I'm pretty sure you knew that, but you've got to let us give you a hard time once in a while.

Last edited by gabegarwick; 06-28-02 at 10:36 PM.
Old 06-29-02, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I knew you were joking - that's why I put the smiley...